1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
One of the best cars ever made
By philsie1 on 06/14/13 17:39 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Our '98 has 375,000 kms. We have had it for 7 yrs and love driving it. We have to retire it finally because of rusted out frame and gas tank from so much salt on the roads of Canada. We have done very little to it except to replace all the brake and gas lines, again due to rusting. Still gets excellent gas mileage( we were getting as much as 44 mpg). So if you have 175000 - 200000 kms on your car, don't give up hope, there's plenty left.

Good lil car
By 98_ACCORD on 02/11/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

It really is a good car with 189,000 km on her.but wow what really really bad fuel mileage....only gettin about 18 mpg US in the city with it. (4spd auto).the car really hates the cold....the engine and the tranny..very sluggish until it warms up.

Accord 98DX
By Mitch on 09/16/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

My 98 Honda Accord DX has been a real treat to own and drive. It is economical to drive and maintenance is almost non-existant. I have had no problems with this car in 8 years of ownership. Tires, lube, oil and a change of belts attached to the engine are the only things I have had to attend to. The interior is well thought out and the instruments well placed. The exterior is stylish and nice to look at.

Not as Reliabe as I thought
By STLbill7982 on 01/14/05 23:50 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '98 from my sister this September. I am disappointed with what I thought would be a reliable car. The car vibrates a lot at idle - it almost feels like a massage chair from the Sharper Image. The 'check engine' light never turns off, even though the dealer assured me nothing is wrong. The car is noisy relative to GM cars that I have owned in the past. The rims make contact with curbs before the tires do, and as a result the rims are very scratched. The engine has littel power - sometimes I feel like I could get out and run faster.

1998honda accord
By bentley on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

i really enjoy my honda it's reliable and has a sporty look to it and it's comfort is wonderful.it in good shape gas mileage is good

By minster7 on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Car is basic, yet dependable and pretty much mechanically sound. Have had for 2.5 yrs and just done oil changes.