1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Still going strong
By jensters on 02/16/14 03:35 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased car in '04 W/75,000 miles on it. I believe only 1 previous owner, they took great care of it. Knowing honda maintenance req. I immediately had timing belt changed, 6yrs or 100k miles (I think). I loved the car then and still love it now! My Avg. mpg is 24-26 (mostly hwy miles). I keep up on reg. maintenance. Heard stories of transmission probs but I haven't had any.@ 141k replaced rt fr axle,@ 155,000 miles replaced radiator. Other than those great engine. Paint is starting to wear and had to replace pass. Window motor around 2010 but as far as reliability I have no complaint, 16 yrs & going strong can't argue with that! Love my honda

Fun to drive Honda Accord
By sherrilee on 09/06/13 09:24 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This car is economical and fun to drive.

One of the best cars ever made
By philsie1 on 06/14/13 17:39 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Our '98 has 375,000 kms. We have had it for 7 yrs and love driving it. We have to retire it finally because of rusted out frame and gas tank from so much salt on the roads of Canada. We have done very little to it except to replace all the brake and gas lines, again due to rusting. Still gets excellent gas mileage( we were getting as much as 44 mpg). So if you have 175000 - 200000 kms on your car, don't give up hope, there's plenty left.

First Car
By cosmicbrownies on 10/28/12 20:26 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car was handed down to me in 2009, although it's been in the family since 2001. It currently has 175k miles on it. Hoping for many more. Advantages: The build quality is fantastic. The power features still work like new, and everything in the interior has the feel of quality. Even the leather still looks nice. The car is very comfortable and stable on the highway. Steering is tight and suspension is firm. Also has a surprisingly huge trunk. Disadvantage: The notorious auto transmission. Was replaced around 110k, and if this one fails, it'll probably be the end of the car. That's a shame, cause otherwise it's been great to me. Just wish it had the manual trans instead.

Great Reliable Car.
By pimpinpancakes on 09/09/12 20:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is great. It is the perfect size. Don't let it fool you because it is actually very roomy and has a large/tall trunk. Honda put a lot of thought into this car. Great first car. Safe also, I had a minor accident and it held up very well.

the perfect car
By mpb666 on 12/05/11 20:54 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 98 accord in 2002. it had about 30,000 miles on it. was kept in great shape by previous owner..it is now december 2011 and i still own this great car. i am at 175,000 miles now with not 1 major problem in 10 years of owning it. still runs nice and smooth, quiet. i can trust and rely on this car to start and run great anytime. even in the dead of winter, will start up no problem. only thing ive ever had done major is replace the catalytic converter and starter. on my second set of brake pads in 10 years. i get 3 month oil changes and once a year maintenance checkup every year. im sure it would last another 10 years easy. great car, will miss it when i dont have it her anymore!

ACCORD'98 LXI after 250,000 Miles
By waled on 06/25/11 05:13 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

bought this car on Feb 1998, still looks neat and flashy, the A/C is still fantastic although here in Saudi; the weather temperature can easily hit/exceed (120'F). Never made an accident, as result; the original paint is still shiny. I own a 2005 Volvo S80 T5 yet I still rely on the accord for long trips between cities. Engine+ automatic Transmission still original. My friend has a 2009 Accord 4/cyl Aut. and some how got in a drag race with him, surprisingly, my 98'accord stayed nose to nose till we hit 200KM/H (125M/H) which is good enough for me.

Solid Made Vanilla
By gsschro2 on 05/24/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord at 125K three years ago and am approaching 200K. I have not had any maintenance problems except for oil,filter, etc... It averages about 30-31 in the summer and 26-28 with winter fuel. I drive mostly highway and average about 70-75 mph. The car is unexciting but for its purpose (get me to work and back) I have not had anything better. I have the 4 cyl, which is better than most 6 cyl cars I have owned. Once again, as long as you don't plan on winning any races. The car is well behaved at highway speeds and comfortable. If you have ever owned a lemon, like I have then you know the value of a car that simply gets the job done!

++MPG, Reliable, Cheap repairs
By dblynch90 on 04/10/11 16:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 08 @ 132k miles. I still have the car today and it runs, drives, and looks just as good as it did the day i got it. I have been reading alot of posts saying that they have had engine, tranny, and paint issues, and i havnt experienced any of those issues (knock on wood). However, i do my oil changes, tranny and coolant flushes, and i wash my car every week to preserve the paint and underbody. If you take care of your car, it will treat your right in return. Definately would reccomend for college student and long commuters. Only thing i have ever had to fix was a CV shaft and wheel bearing, which ended up costing me less than $100 combined.

Accord EX-L 4-Cyl. 4-Door
By Accord Owner on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last Friday because my last Accord had been wrecked and totaled out by the insurance. And so far I absolutely love this car! It is way more nice than my car and it has every option possible! Upgraded sound, leather, auto trans., spoiler, chrome wheels, etc. And is amazing. Has been very well taken care of and I would recommend this car to everyone!