1997 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Not Too Shabby But Very Vanill

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not Too Shabby But Very Vanilla Car
By Woodbyrne on

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Pretty decent car in terms of reliability. I now have 133k miles on it and have experienced the following problems since owning it: needed new exhaust system and radiator. These are normal wear and tear items. Engine is perfect. Problem now is that it's starting to get annoying old car problems. Sun roof began to leak so I just sealed it and took out the motor. Weird rattling noise under the car. Windows were always slow but now I have to push the passenger window up when closing it or it won't move. Once in a while the car will just turn off while you are driving. Car is too old now to dump cash in. And I won't get any $$ for a trade-in. Just going to drive it until it dies.

Engine and transmission are bullet proof. Seats are comfortable. Fold down rear seat is nice. Gas mileage is pretty good. It seems worse now only because I am paying $3 per gallon. For the money, you can't beat a Honda.

It's a 1997. Improvements have been made already. Wish the windows were faster and did not need a helping hand to close. Car has no personality at all... other than shutting off once in a while as I'm driving. I call it a personality quirk. Very vanilla car.