1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1997 Honda Accord 4dr LX
By A. Albonetti on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Excellent automobile, reliable, very little maintenance required other than oil changes. My next car will be a Honda!!

Great Car!!!
By ReganS on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We wanted a newer Accord but found this 97 with all the bells and whistles, low miles, and a great price. I love the car. It's quick an smooth, and still looks nice. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

198,000 and still going strong
By wreckbum on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with 150 miles. I fell in love with it and still am. It has 198,000 miles and I know it can still go another 100,000. The power windows in the front were always slow, but no problems. I drive on the highway alot and the car performs great; many long trips doing 85 to 100 mph continously. The CV joint boots did not go until 90,000, where in most foreing cars I have owned break in 35,000. No mechanical problems have occured. Had 2 major accidents and the car still performs great. I will never buy another make but Honda.

Great Car
By jonie on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I have had it for about a year now and there hasnt been any major problems. These cars last for a long time so I guess honda lives up to its name.

1997 SE HONDA ACCORD
By gdnstar on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED THE 1997 HONDA ACCORD. I HAVE HAD FEW MECHANICAL PROBLEMS. I WILL NOTE THAT I HAVE HAD 2 SENSORS GO OUT, FORTUNATELY THEY WERE COVERED UNDER THE HONDA EMISSIONS WARRANTY.

Great Car
By jennie on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is my first Honda, and I have been loving it. Great car!

100k and alot of life left
By nanj on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

just paid off and no plans to sell, could use more power, 25mpg w/ ac on - 28mpg w/o, over 30 on trips, front window motors replaced under warr, were very slow, now just slow, no other problems, 7k oil changes Mobil 1, 90k trans service is too long, fluid was black, did flush, mostly hwy no abuse, put on bigger tires, much better handling, using 205/60's looks factory, orig tires looked small..

97 Honda Accord LX - 5 Speed
By mlippysr on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent car to drive. With a manual 5 speed, it has acceleration that can compete with the best. Very low maintenance and minimal manufacturer's recalls.

I love my honda
By vizcaino on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 6 years now and I love it, When I get rid of it I will buy another honda

Its a Honda...
By ickes on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

A blend of the EX trim features with mechanicals from the LX, the SE offers a mid-level option. If I had to do it again, I would have bought the EX with 20 more horsepower. Everything else about this car is perfect - a classic Honda.