Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Might as well call it a tank
By JohnBonanno

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I will tell you how great this car is through experience. I bought the car with around 85,000 on it and it ran like a track star. And this was my first car so I was driving it like Dale Earnhardt. I had to replace the radiator (big deal hah) other than that my car is crazy. I think they put armor on the body of accords or something 1) ran over the side of a 2005 Toyota Corrola. Yes I ran the thing over snapping the Toyota's whole axle bent the rim (pretty much destroyed the whole front side of her car) my passenger side fender was dented and I drove away. 2) a brand new sts cut me off and I rear ended her at about 40. Small dent in the bumper the caddie's bumper was destroyed. Trust me buy this car

lifespan, this car wont break even if you try to break it

4 weel drive, big tires, brush guard, and a roll cage

Best Car Ever! 97' 2 dr se
By Rob Elliott

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Bought it w/18 miles on it in dec. 96'. It now has 215,000. Zero problems. Only 15 oil changes in 11 years. One new battery & a few tires. Still looks & drives like new. Solid car. Have gotten my money out of it. Still gets over 400 miles on a full tank that holds 13 gallons. I've opened the hood twice. Once when I bought it and again last year when I put a new battery in it. Priceless.

So good I completely reconditioned it
By JOHN PINE

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

This car I gave to my daughter in 2003. After 5 years it looked like it had been driven in a demolition derby but it ran almost perfectly. How much do I think of this car? I completely re-did the exterior and interior, spending $3000. She'll have to earn the right to drive it again. In my opinion this wagon is a true classic!

Beautiful design, great gas mileage (30 mpg), lots of cargo room, sure, the plastic radiator had to be replaced with a good metal one but with proper maintenance this car is one of the most reliable automobiles on the road today!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the slow power windows but I'll try the lube on either side. Paint on roof didn't hold up well.

Not a Viper but awesome still
By Darling, N

1997 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I have had this car almost 2 years and only had to do oil changes (on time, always). My mechanic can never find anything else to do with it. It isn't fast, like my Accord Sedan was, but it is comfortable, quiet, and very good on gas, about 30 mpg-awesome for a wagon! It has good ergonomics; all gadgets are easily accessible, seats are well placed but I am short so I wish the seats could adjust more. The front windows are slow, but overall this car is a 9 1/2. IT is a typical Honda-reliable to the bone.

Comfortable seats, pretty color, ergonomics

needs V-6

1 of three I own, need I say more...
By scott

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I own three 97 Honda accords, two Lxs and My SE. My lowest mileage Lx has 135,00 and my highest 212,000. And they all run like new. Have had to do very little with any of them. They wear tires like a dream, usually a set lasts longer than manufacture rating. My tip for everyones weak motor widow troubles is to spray some lube on the window channels going vertically on each side, the problem is not the motor, it is binding friction on the glass sides itself. This will make the windows work like new.

Easy to see and drive. Very safe and dependable. Great gas mileage, have gotten 34 on cross country trip loaded down. Leather interior is beautiful. Resale. Bought one and drove three years and sold for profit!

Windows need some tlc, but easy fix. Valve adjustments regularly make huge difference in power and mpg. Man. recommends every 40,000 I believe.