Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car - Honda's last forever
By Accord Fan

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Great all around car: good handling, comfortable for me at 6'2", quiet, no squeaks or rattles in a 12 year old car with 145k miles!, good mpg especially with the 5 spd, parts are cheap and plentiful - new kits for all front joints / tie rod ends for $100 on eBay.

reliability, plentiful and affordable parts for the occasional maintenance, good mpg / performance balance

only the ones you can add on your own: cold air intake, header and free flowing but quiet exhaust - adds 10HP and 2-3 mpg.

LOVE MY SE!
By krm

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My sister had leased this car for 3 yrs and I snatched it up the day she went SUV. 135K miles on it now w/numerous 2K mile road trips under her belt. You can not destroy this car! I drive on possibly the worst tires in a winter snow zone without chains or studs and as long as the front bumper isn't pushing snow, I get wherever I need to go. My fuel mileage has drops to about 20-21 MPG with the winter ethanol mix we're forced to use, but she runs like a champ! Great car!

Love the leg room up front. Never ridden in the back but doesn't look comfy with the Driver's seat all the way back like I have it. Lab loves to ride shotgun and her throne requires an annual steam cleaning. Moon roof is essential.

Center console does not support male's weight on right arm pushing himself back into cruising posture - elbow has shattered the top plastic of the console lid. Paint chips terribly on front. Hate where the trunk/fuel releases are. That's where my left foot rides dammit. S/be in jockey box.

WELL MADE!
By vaneverette71

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97 Special Edition in March, 03 with 60k on her. The only things I have done besides oil changes have been replacing the radiator and timing belt (1st time!) at 160k. I wish I had a stick shift, but it still runs well and burns very little oil. I change oil every 7.5k. The new hondas look good, but since I'll only get $2-3k in trade, I think I'll hang onto this baby a while!

Cruise, radio, consistent handling. I have been driving Accords since '87.

Seats could be a little firmer. A little more horsepower.

Love my 97
By Jason

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 1 1/2 years old w/ 26k miles. The car now has 264,000 miles and mostly minor fixes due to mileage and age (new radiator in 06), fluid changes, and 1 timing belt so far, plugs/wires etc.. nothing out of the ordinary. I still drive this car 100 miles per day even though I have another 07 Accord and a 03 CR-V all of which have been awesome cars. Easily the best car(s) I've ever owned. Even after all this time its very comfortable and quiet. I am going to run this car till it dies!

Fuel Mileage, Quiet interior, reliability is top notch.

cost of repairs (when rarely needed) its always 500 bucks for some reason. Timing belt needs changed every 100k or so (granted this last belt I got has 140k on it) but the cost of replacement is expensive (600).

Great car
By sara

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I got my Honda for my 16th birthday. My Dad has bought it brand new, and passed it on to me. I've put over 100K on it in the past 3 years, and other than needing some minor repairs that you can expect with any 11 year old car with 200,000 miles on it, I haven't had any problems with my Honda. Unfortunately, I flipped it last week and it's not repairable (at least not for way more than the $3,000 it's worth now) - I wish I could afford a new accord, but as a college student I definitely can't. Great car to give a new driver - it's sporty, had great mpg, is reliable, and holds up great in a crash - I flipped going 70 on the highway and walked away with nothing more than some bruises. Great car

Sunroof, mpg, speed

Since this car is a '97, it's hard to say. more comfortable interior fabric, perhaps