Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

WELL MADE!
By vaneverette71

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97 Special Edition in March, 03 with 60k on her. The only things I have done besides oil changes have been replacing the radiator and timing belt (1st time!) at 160k. I wish I had a stick shift, but it still runs well and burns very little oil. I change oil every 7.5k. The new hondas look good, but since I'll only get $2-3k in trade, I think I'll hang onto this baby a while!

Cruise, radio, consistent handling. I have been driving Accords since '87.

Seats could be a little firmer. A little more horsepower.

Love my 97
By Jason

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 1 1/2 years old w/ 26k miles. The car now has 264,000 miles and mostly minor fixes due to mileage and age (new radiator in 06), fluid changes, and 1 timing belt so far, plugs/wires etc.. nothing out of the ordinary. I still drive this car 100 miles per day even though I have another 07 Accord and a 03 CR-V all of which have been awesome cars. Easily the best car(s) I've ever owned. Even after all this time its very comfortable and quiet. I am going to run this car till it dies!

Fuel Mileage, Quiet interior, reliability is top notch.

cost of repairs (when rarely needed) its always 500 bucks for some reason. Timing belt needs changed every 100k or so (granted this last belt I got has 140k on it) but the cost of replacement is expensive (600).

Great car
By sara

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I got my Honda for my 16th birthday. My Dad has bought it brand new, and passed it on to me. I've put over 100K on it in the past 3 years, and other than needing some minor repairs that you can expect with any 11 year old car with 200,000 miles on it, I haven't had any problems with my Honda. Unfortunately, I flipped it last week and it's not repairable (at least not for way more than the $3,000 it's worth now) - I wish I could afford a new accord, but as a college student I definitely can't. Great car to give a new driver - it's sporty, had great mpg, is reliable, and holds up great in a crash - I flipped going 70 on the highway and walked away with nothing more than some bruises. Great car

Sunroof, mpg, speed

Since this car is a '97, it's hard to say. more comfortable interior fabric, perhaps

Still Running & Looking Great
By Chris

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord in January of 2004 at 90,000 miles. It still runs great thanks in part of regular repairs that it has needed and the simple fact that it's a Honda. I am planing on buying a new Accord this spring so I will miss this car a lot when I trade it in.

Factory sound system, moonroof, folddown rear armrest door, automatic engine fan cool off after you turn off car to cool engine.

Cup holders, Power Windows, Fading Paint, Low sitting on front of car scraps curbs when parking.

Happy Accord owner
By hnk000

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord se since it was a year old/25k miles. It now has 250,000 miles on it. I've done every maintenance requirement on it. And had only a few problems all things considered. Brought it from la to ca and back. After all this time the only problem I have is the leaks. But after so much wear and tear what else could anyone ask for. A great car. I'm attached still after all these years. And it still looks perfect. Word.