Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Hondillac
By hondillac

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I have owned my used 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6 since April 2010. I LOVE MY CAR!! I actually owned a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe, loaded 5-speed stick but a 4-cylinder engine. The power between the two is astonishing!! My V6 is powerful even though its 18 years old!! It has a smooth ride and everything still works; air conditioning, power windows, sunroof, etc,. Don’t get me wrong, I've put money in this car but it has been the greatest car I've ever owned. This model year quality cannot be beat!! Yes, I own a Honda-Cadillac; my Hondillac!!! I’M IN LOVE WITH MY CAR!!!

2015: Ok folks, my baby (Ivory) Hondillac needed a new engine in October 2015. The shop that I chose to replace it took a little longer than expected so I decided to go to a dealership to try my luck on a new Honda. Went in and saw a Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-V6 and as I test drove the car, I wanted it!! I bought it and now that Ivory has been fixed; I drove this car during the winter. And my new baby 2009 (Greyson) is my new Hondillac. But whats so funny!! My 1997s engine sounds better than the new one??? Not sure why but I still LOVE my 1997 Honda and he is still running stronger than ever!!!

Definitely worth the money
By heyguysitsme

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from another college student. Already gone on multiple long road trips(100 miles or more one way), and it just keeps on plugging along at 250,000 miles. I drive 80 miles a day round trip on the freeway, and its done very well. 28 mpg average. Only problem is that these cars are supposed to have 17 gallon gas tanks, but when the needle is on empty, mine only takes 13. Not a major issue though. Definitely worth the 1000 dollars I paid for it.

decent first car lasts quite a lot of miles#
By datonechiik

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 230k miles on it, the engine had already been replaced and I did all the maintenance i could on it at around 260k the power steering went out, at 280 the check engine light came on and auto zone could not help, granted i sold the car

Space

No I think I got a bad car
By starv55

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I heard honda's are good cars and can last a long time. I bought this for 4000 with 154,000 miles. Was not worth it. The interior easily falls apart. It runs really badly and scares me. It's been in the shop about 4 or 5x in the last two months. it just came right out and already the check engine light is on. it basically shits itself going up any type of hill even a slight hill. it makes obnoxious noises when i lock the doors and randomly makes noises out of nowhere. i got a new starter and it still starts up really scarily. it vibrates and revs while in park. when i put my foot on the gas to accelerate it freaks out. I really hate this car and I pray I will make enough money to get a new 1

The maroon/red is a nice color

everything cassette player rejects everything collects dust super fast engine makes high pitched eerie noises can not make it up a hill

BEST CAR!!
By gvnnpd

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Value 4dr Sedan

I bought mine with 60k, i now have 120k. Ive only done oil changes along with once a year wax. It looks new and runs great! Ive only needed to do the a/c compressor, which was only $300 what a steal! when my friends same year Saab was 1,200. Boy did he have a Saab story! This car takes you anywhere and everywhere! Ive taken it to Colorado in the mountains, to the beaches of california, never has it ever broken down on me. At times ive though of getting a new car but then i remember that NOTHING compares to the gas and reliability this car has. Its a gold mine, thats why its been rated the #1 stolen in America! crooks know where theres gold mines.