1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1997 Honda Accord 4dr LX
By WhiggyNutz on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a Honda because of its reputation and reliability. the last year and a half I've owned this vehicle I've never been dissapointed. I am very pleased with every aspect of my Honda and when I run this one into the ground I fully intend on purchasing another.

I love my honda!
By ErinS on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I was very surprised to see that people have had problems with these cars. My car drives like a dream. At 102,000 I haven't had a single problem. Great commuter car, comfortable and great on fuel economy.

Good car for that year
By sbvmax on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Overall the car is good for what it is designed for. A cheaply priced car with good gas mileage. Wish I would have bought the V6 model, but thought they didn't come out until '98. A couple of weeks ago just turned over 50k and had 4 recals taken care of free of charge.

Honda's at High Mileage
By PTheofanis on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

When you read high rated reviews about 97 Honda Accords, keep in mind that they are written by people who clearly do not have high mileage. I own a 97 Honda Accord LX sedan, and it has fallen apart exponentially after 80,000 miles. I admit that I drive my car hard, and this car will not keep up with others like me. Its seats are not designed well, the suspension falls apart, there is too much body roll, and the transmission isn't smooth during shifts.

97 Accord EX
By Remus on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for almost 2 years now. Good sedan that gets good gas mileage. I wished they've used a DOHC head instead of the SOHC. Good response. Car is slow up the hill and loud engine noise. The windows roll up too slow. Very comfortable. A/C sucks. No problems with the car since I've owned it.

Fun to Drive
By jk1601 on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is my third Accord and I bought it off a lease in 99. Compared to my previous 89 DX, this thing has power, since it's 5 speed with VTEC engine. IT's my first car with power everything and I really love to drive it, 50 miles/day to work. But 3 years after buying it, I think it needs even more power. The the only problem I've had is the power door locks failed. It's got 80,000 miles and going strong.

Good Car
By RaLpH on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to say that this is a great car. I'm 16 yrs old and happy to be driving a honda accord. These are the best cars ever, they run forever, Very Good Quality!

hondas go forever
By HMC fan on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This is my second Accord, and third HMC product. This Accord is my favorite car I've owned so far. It has 118k miles on it, and no problems. Never had to replace one part or take it to the mechanic for anything outside or normal wear and tear.

Wan't the worst car - get a Honda Accord
By DavidG1023 on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my sesond and last Honda. After reading all the reviews here and in Consumer Reports I figured my first experience with a Honda (car had to be sold for junk with less than 100,000 miles) was an anaomoly. Wrong. My second Honda is just as bad. Fuel pump blew, electrical system has more things wrong than right, alternator had to be replaced. If you want to be stranded multiple times then the Honda Accord is the car for you. I'm going elsewhere

Don't buy a Honda Accord
By Beatrice57 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

What a horrible, horrible car - in the shop, and on the side of the road wayyyy too many times. Ignition switch gone (replaced under recall after being stranded) electrical problems galore, power windows don't work, etc. Honda's are supposed to be reliable - well you can't prove it by me.