Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Rock solid
By alex

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned. Requires no repairs, EVER. I live where there is salt on the roads, hence a new radiator due to rust. 100% reliable, would drive it anywhere in North America. You don't know quality til you've owned a Honda.

Economy, reliability, smooth shifting gear box.

exhaust buzz is somewhat common and annoying.

My Honda
By KT

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I got it with 166,000 miles on it and I had it for a year now and there has been no problems with it so far what so ever. The only few minor things that bothers me is when the car accelerates its not as a smooth and quiet as I expected it should be, its kind of loud and and the orange maintance light did not go away when I inserted my key, to set it back to the green light, the leg room in the back is kind of too little. Overall I love my honda and I plan on keeping it as long as I can, hoping it'll last me at least through college. I would definitely get a brand new one when I graduate from college.

I like the back of this honda edition better than the newer verisons, I love the moon roof, the sunroof control being on the driver's side, the wooden dash, the color of it that they don't seem make anymore (its like a champaign kind of tone).

The driver's window does not go down all the way down as it should, it gets stuck, needs to make their power windows to last longer. Probably overall improve all their powered things in the car.

Run Forever
By jenthor

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 62,000 miles on it and currently has 107,500 and have changed the timing belt and should be good to go for another 100,000 miles. Never had a probelem with this car.

moonroof and wood grain dash

windows barely roll up in the cold Minnesota winters at -40 degrees, wish they would have used better electronis with the windows and the seats are a bit uncomfortable. They are not even close to being plush or comfy.

Great Car
By Nelle

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 5 yrs and it drives great! This is my 2nd Honda Accord and they really last. I may pruchase a 2003 shortly. This car is great for a person with a child and limited amount of funds to work with. Only problems I had was my radiator went-just wear and tear.

The color (plum), moonroof, and stereo

It could have more pick up, but the new Accords come with the VTec engines.

By far the worst car I've ever owned
By tmm

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I would not recommend purchasing a Honda Accord. My car has been a maintenance nightmare. Since the warranty ended, the car has been in the shop every 3-4 months and has required major maintenance. It once took the dealer over a year to diagnose and correct an intermittent problem I had with the car not starting. I replaced the battery, alternator, clock and other electrical things before they figured out it was the ignitition switch. I'm disappointed and will never buy a Honda or Acura vehicle again. Think twice before you buy...