Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Solid car; would buy it again
By Kevin S.

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car, then put 1,000 miles on it in the first week. Extremely frugal on gas; averaged 300 miles on a tank of gas in city driving; 400 miles on highway. A/C quit at 150,000 miles; repaired by dealer. Replaced brakes and thermostat; a few tires, but no major work. I'm a Honda driver for life.

Gas mileage and reliability. Comfortable seats, especially on long trips.

Nothing comes to mind. I'd buy this car again.

Best car I've ever owned
By J.J.

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97 Accord LX 4cyl in 1999 with 23,000 miles. I have since driven the car to 148,000, with no problems what so ever. The only thing I did was perform basic maintaince, such as tires, brakes, timing belt, cv joints, etc. My only concern is that the power windows are very slow, especially in cold weather. Other wise I love this car. It also aged very well, The day I sold it with 148K it looked and drove just as it did when I got it with 23K. Needless to say, I am replacing it with a newer Accord, a 2003 model.

Reliability, resale value, comfort, gas mileage

more powerful engine, power windows

Rock solid
By alex

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned. Requires no repairs, EVER. I live where there is salt on the roads, hence a new radiator due to rust. 100% reliable, would drive it anywhere in North America. You don't know quality til you've owned a Honda.

Economy, reliability, smooth shifting gear box.

exhaust buzz is somewhat common and annoying.

My Honda
By KT

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I got it with 166,000 miles on it and I had it for a year now and there has been no problems with it so far what so ever. The only few minor things that bothers me is when the car accelerates its not as a smooth and quiet as I expected it should be, its kind of loud and and the orange maintance light did not go away when I inserted my key, to set it back to the green light, the leg room in the back is kind of too little. Overall I love my honda and I plan on keeping it as long as I can, hoping it'll last me at least through college. I would definitely get a brand new one when I graduate from college.

I like the back of this honda edition better than the newer verisons, I love the moon roof, the sunroof control being on the driver's side, the wooden dash, the color of it that they don't seem make anymore (its like a champaign kind of tone).

The driver's window does not go down all the way down as it should, it gets stuck, needs to make their power windows to last longer. Probably overall improve all their powered things in the car.

Run Forever
By jenthor

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 62,000 miles on it and currently has 107,500 and have changed the timing belt and should be good to go for another 100,000 miles. Never had a probelem with this car.

moonroof and wood grain dash

windows barely roll up in the cold Minnesota winters at -40 degrees, wish they would have used better electronis with the windows and the seats are a bit uncomfortable. They are not even close to being plush or comfy.