1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Very respectable car....
By Steve-n-Beantown on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 1997 Honda Accord SE since 2/02. I drive about 20k mi/yr. It's a good ride, but the very annoying, creeky suspension in the winter (which is a known problem-refer to Honda's service bulletins) drives me mad! Also, for as long as I've owned it, whenever I hit a pothole, I think the car will break apart...Dealership says that's "just the way the car rides..." The only major work done to this point has been the exhaust...The car is still on the original brakes! I'll be replacing them soon, but it's remarkable that they've gone this far! The seats sit a bit low for my taste, but it's comfortable....In the Summer, the car cleans up nice.

Nice car but what's with the P/W?
By ImportOnly on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We just replaced our '87 Acura Legend Coup with a '97 Honda Accord for my wife and although we love the cars for their overall quality and reliability, what's up with the power window motors burning out? I can understand it on the '87 Acura Legend, but the '97 Honda Accord after having it for only a few weeks that motor on the driver side window stopped working. Honda needs to improve the that power feature of the cars. Everything else is superior to anything else on the road for quality and reliability. Great car!!!

1997 Honda Accord 4dr LX
By WhiggyNutz on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a Honda because of its reputation and reliability. the last year and a half I've owned this vehicle I've never been dissapointed. I am very pleased with every aspect of my Honda and when I run this one into the ground I fully intend on purchasing another.

I love my honda!
By ErinS on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I was very surprised to see that people have had problems with these cars. My car drives like a dream. At 102,000 I haven't had a single problem. Great commuter car, comfortable and great on fuel economy.

Good car for that year
By sbvmax on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Overall the car is good for what it is designed for. A cheaply priced car with good gas mileage. Wish I would have bought the V6 model, but thought they didn't come out until '98. A couple of weeks ago just turned over 50k and had 4 recals taken care of free of charge.

Honda's at High Mileage
By PTheofanis on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

When you read high rated reviews about 97 Honda Accords, keep in mind that they are written by people who clearly do not have high mileage. I own a 97 Honda Accord LX sedan, and it has fallen apart exponentially after 80,000 miles. I admit that I drive my car hard, and this car will not keep up with others like me. Its seats are not designed well, the suspension falls apart, there is too much body roll, and the transmission isn't smooth during shifts.

97 Accord EX
By Remus on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for almost 2 years now. Good sedan that gets good gas mileage. I wished they've used a DOHC head instead of the SOHC. Good response. Car is slow up the hill and loud engine noise. The windows roll up too slow. Very comfortable. A/C sucks. No problems with the car since I've owned it.

Good Car
By RaLpH on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to say that this is a great car. I'm 16 yrs old and happy to be driving a honda accord. These are the best cars ever, they run forever, Very Good Quality!

hondas go forever
By HMC fan on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This is my second Accord, and third HMC product. This Accord is my favorite car I've owned so far. It has 118k miles on it, and no problems. Never had to replace one part or take it to the mechanic for anything outside or normal wear and tear.

Heaven Sent
By val on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been heaven sent. First owner and vehicle now has about 53,000 miles, and never experienced one mechanical problem. Prior, owned a little civic hatchback and same history, never one mechanical problem. As a woman, I thank the heavens for this vehicle, never leaving me stalled, brokedown or anything unexpectedly going out on me especially on the road. I feel safe with my honda. Thanks Honda!