Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

the accord
By sonelon

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

its a pretty good car overall, but it doesn't drive smoothly and isn't comfy

it can drive for a long time

it can just be improved overall

10 Years Old
By Kolbow

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car has been great to drive. Having a manual transmission makes it more fun to drive. I hate to give this up. I hope I can get one more winter out of it.

Decent car
By Ryan

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The accord is overall a decent car, but I think there are better choices for the money. Yes, it's a Honda. The engine will run for 250k miles. But that's only if you maintain it properly (not everyone does) and maintaining a Honda is rather expensive. If you buy a Honda with 100k miles on it, be prepared to spend another $1-2k on it right away to keep it going. It will need timing belt, water pump, and suspension replacements. I think people have misconceptions about what Hondas are. They're not above normal wear and tear. Beyond this, any Honda built before 1998 has terrible structural rigidity so expect a lot of flex and rattling. Interior doesn't hold up all that well either.

Refined 4 cyl, smooth ride, classic look, resale value, safety, parts availability.

More durable and higher quality interior, cheaper dealer service, less hype. Tighter chassis structure.

The Ultimate driving machine
By Kaio

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I have owned this Accord for 7 years and I loved it so much that when I needed another car, I bought the exact same one brand new (Accord SE). It has given me absolutely no trouble at all and looks and drives like brand new. I still have the original rear brakes. I have replaced the front brakes once. 2 sets of tyres, a muffler and an expensive 105K mile service ($1000) which included air-conditioner and timing belt. Other than that it is oil change. On top of that it is soooo fun to drive. I wonder why people buy any other car.

Best thing I could have bought!
By pastrypuff

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I got it 9 years old, but she still drives like a dream! At the 156,000 mile mark this car is still quiet and reliable. The gas mileage is still great, I've had to only do little things to it. I would recomend this car to any one!

Gas mileage, how quiet it is, keeps the value for a long time, beach friendly.

None that i can think of!