1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great car!!!!
By Twoscalfs@aol.com on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 Honda Accord Ex new. I have had great luck with the car. 71,000 miles later the only thing that I have changed on the car has been the brakes and tires. The orginal brakes went 65,000 miles before I had to change them. The interior is excellent and I love the 1997 exterior design. Great Car!!!!!!! If you have a chance, buy this car.........

Gutless and boring
By TooWimpy4me on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car because of its reputation for reliability and economy. I used to have a long commute and it was confortable and economic for that. But now my commute is only 5 miles. The car is very boring and wimpy with not guts and personality of its own, it looks like a Camry or like any other japanese car of the same vintage and class, just another me too car. The A/C smells bad, the auto transmission is rough.

Safest investment of my life
By bigjboss on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 accord ex v6 used after I got my first real job. It's the only thing that i haven't had to worry about since. Other than when I have run into things, I have had absolutely no problems

My HOnda
By Rob X on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

One of the best and most reliable cars I have ever owned. A pleasure to drive and always dependable.

4 ever Honda
By tentoto on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for my wife, After allready selling a 1986 accord with 209,000 miles on it (trouble free) only its routine timing belts when needed, The 86 Was a great car, Now the 1997 has aprox 159,000 on the speedo (trouble free) it will be a cold day in He** before i ever own anything else.This could explain why i also own a 98 crv,a 91 crx,honda generator, honda weed eater, and a Honda generator.I never ever thought id stay GM for a long while, But then Honda proved to be Bullet proof.Id incourage anyone to purchase a Accord.

Beauty
By dove21 on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is the first Accord I have bought and I just love it. The look is so sleek and smooth. It handles very nice and I am so happy to be the second owner of it. The elderly couple only had 48900 kms on it when I bought it last April. Very stylish car!

Finally a used car you can rely on!
By Dakny on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My biggest fears about buying a used vehicle were reliability and sturdiness of interior and exterior design. I have to say that my car still looks and drives great. It stands up to harsh road conditions and is not expensive to maintain. I still get between 310 miles and 350 miles to the tank. I would definitely either keep this car for a long time or trade up for a newer Honda Accord model.

1997 Honda Accord SE
By KKBama on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This Accord was my very first car and is an excellent first car for any high schooler. It's cute and sporty while still being practical and functional, especially on the gas mileage. I bought it at 29,000 and the only problems have been mostly small ones-- the power windows are sometimes slow, the A/C and defogging are sometimes flaky and I also have "phantom locks"-- whenever I lock my car, manually or by remote, the locks continue to make a sound as though they are locking. But I have never had a major problem with my Accord and I always feel safe in it.

A Pretty Good Value
By santaman58 on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Our 7th Honda. Overall, we are happy except for the driver's side power window failure that we experienced. Seems many others have the same problem. More road noise than I would like, but the overall value is still good and the dependability is good also. Drive power is adequate and comfort is good. Nice styling, except for the fabric covered side armrest, they would be better in a more cleanable material. Hopefully all these items will be corrected when we purchase our 8th Honda.

Great Car
By Rick S. on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

The best car I ever owned. I was in a major accident (was rear ended) when the car was 3 months old. Car was fixed and is still running better than many newer cars. At 117,000 miles everything except battery & brakes is orig. I hope it lasts for another 100K mi.