1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Sedan
By Ozzy on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought a 97 accord over a 2000 civic by the looks and I do no regret it. I've had the timing belt snap on me but because we had no idea of the history and did not take enough caution to change it while it was still good. Previous owner was horrible. With the timing belt change we redid the heads gaskets, radiator, water and etc. Window motors are horribly slow at the front and nice on the back. Ignition assembly had to be changed. Starter changed. OEM speakers are really amazing for their year. Although a lot of work had to be done it was mostly because of previous owner with horrible habits. This car really is great A to B in comfort, speed, and style.

Best Used Car
By owlflfurry on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 97' Honda has been a pretty good car. I've had it for 4 years and it now has 150,000 miles. Right at 147,000 miles the A/C stopped blowing cold air. $500 to fix! The other day my door handle on the inside just broke off. The paint on every 97' Honda seems to rust off or something. It looks ugly. I've had to replace the alternator, get a major tune-up, and I had an issue for a couple of years with the computer. It would stall out while driving all the time, just randomly. I had the Honda dealership fix that issue though which was like a $500 issue. My check engine like came on the other day too. There are a lot of repairs needed, but it's old...has a lot of miles and has been a good car

Might as well call it a tank continued
By JohnBonanno on 07/15/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I wrote a review when my car was running great. But the truth is if you treat this car great it will return the favor. At around 150k my ignition got loose causing the car to shut off when I'm driving. At one point I couldn't go anywhere without holding my key so the car wouldn't turn off. I haven't driven it in a long time and just started it up (holding the key in place) and it drove like a champ still. Need to replace the valve cover gasket battery and the alternator maybe a tune up also. But that is it - the best purchase I have ever made. The window motors are horrible but that's it. Like I said you cannot break these things even if you try. Buy this car you won't be disappointed.

Awesome 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Car
By tjak74 on 07/09/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought car from original owner with 195,500 miles and complete service records. Hit 200,000 on July 4th. 1st owner was rear-ended in 2002, the only major repair. Car is brand-new feeling. Drives VERY smooth @ 90 MPH. I have driven it on several long trips (550 miles one-way), in hot, cold, bright, dark, dry, and wet conditions, without any problems. Averaged 30MPG @ 80-90MPH on those trips. Only need to make ONE stop because car is so comfortable and good on gas mileage. Car is very reliable and fun-to- drive. Has good around-town and passing power and great brakes. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Ripped off but I still like it
By Matthew D on 07/01/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97' Accord a month before I got married. The dealer I bought it from told me it had passed all their inspections and was good to go. Right after purchase I had to replace the radiator, water pump & timing belt, belts, brake rotors and tires. Four months later I find out it has a bad piston rod and needs a new engine. Even after all this I love the car. I get a solid 32 MPG on the freeway and I love the way it drives. The seats are a little uncomfortable for long drives but other than that I'm determined to replace the engine and keep driving it.

Can't beat the Honda Engine
By Dwayne N. on 06/20/09 00:12 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I'm so in love with my Honda Accord, I've been driving it for 2 years since 2007 that I bought at 106000, now it's only 126000. Never any engine problem before, only once the check light appeared (Sparkplugs replacement). I'm pretty sure that my accord will last at least 10 more years even if I would try to break it. The only problem with it for now is the AC, it blows no cool air :( I don't know what is exactly wrong with it. Hopefully I get it done soon.

Love my 97
By Jason on 10/23/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 1 1/2 years old w/ 26k miles. The car now has 264,000 miles and mostly minor fixes due to mileage and age (new radiator in 06), fluid changes, and 1 timing belt so far, plugs/wires etc.. nothing out of the ordinary. I still drive this car 100 miles per day even though I have another 07 Accord and a 03 CR-V all of which have been awesome cars. Easily the best car(s) I've ever owned. Even after all this time its very comfortable and quiet. I am going to run this car till it dies!

Might as well call it a tank
By JohnBonanno on 08/04/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I will tell you how great this car is through experience. I bought the car with around 85,000 on it and it ran like a track star. And this was my first car so I was driving it like Dale Earnhardt. I had to replace the radiator (big deal hah) other than that my car is crazy. I think they put armor on the body of accords or something 1) ran over the side of a 2005 Toyota Corrola. Yes I ran the thing over snapping the Toyota's whole axle bent the rim (pretty much destroyed the whole front side of her car) my passenger side fender was dented and I drove away. 2) a brand new sts cut me off and I rear ended her at about 40. Small dent in the bumper the caddie's bumper was destroyed. Trust me buy this car

Reliable, Great MPG, Perfect color
By sadtoseeitgo on 05/19/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car was 2 years old when we bought it. Loved the look & at the time it was a good fit for us however due to back trouble I have to find a vehicle that sits up a little higher. No complaints about this car otherwise. We get about 23 MPG in town. IN LOVE with the color somewhere between silver & gold. Compared to my sisters Camry of the same year the Honda paint job has held up better. We have kept all scheduled maintenance up, so this will be a great car for it's new owner. Also I think this is still a very attractive car

I'd do it again!
By CoryinTX on 05/06/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

So I purchased my '97 Accord about 3 years ago. Since then I've only had minor things to replace (both knobs for the A/C, timing belt & water pump, radiator, brake pads). I absolutely love my car! It has just about 115K miles and it still runs like a dream. This is the 3rd Accord that I've owned. The car is 11 years old, but I'm willing to bet that it's got another 150K miles left on it. The backseat is just ok for long trips (say my friends) & the front seats aren't that bad either. Could use just a little bit more leg room after 5 hours on the road (my partner & I are 6'4") & some extra lumbar support for the driver would be nice. All of these are minor issues though. GREAT CAR!!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »