1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
A Consumer Car With Zip
By peterpaul on 01/27/13 20:38 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This is my second Honda Accord in the last few years. My first was a '97 Honda Accord SE with 185,000 miles on it that I bought from a junkyard for essentially nothing: it zipped around fine, sipped gas, and was cheap to repair. It died (lesson, never buy a used car without a maintenance history) as the old owner ragged it. For the above reasons, I bought one last week, a '97 EX with the V6 engine in it. It has 138,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition. It has zip and pep and really gets around town. Even better, as it has all the maintenance records going back to purchase, I can see it has been well kept and for a fraction of other cars. Yay 94-97 Honda Accords!

Great reliable car
By Scott on 03/12/10 10:53 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this EX-L V6 in 02 with 68k, now has 193k. Other than normal maintenance., it hasn't needed anything. Doesn't use any oil and the v6 is peppy, yet gets good mpg. Disc brakes on all 4 wheels seem to hold up very well. Been through 2 teenage drivers and still survived ( I know they didn't baby it). Plan on keeping it another 100k. Power windows have gotten a little slow, but seems to be a common problem on these cars. Spray silicone once in while does seem to help. Looking for another 97 accord for my next teenager.

Best Car Ever!
By Jones on 02/14/10 22:35 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I originally had a 1989 Ford Mustang GT and had traded it for my 97' Accord EX V6. Have to say honestly was my best decision ever! I have ever option available, leather, power seats, power windows and locks, steering wheel controls, etc. Only issue I have had was replaced a cracked radiator but come on it has 156k miles for god sake! The window motors are somewhat slow but i manage, the a/c isn't great but it keeps me cool. Although my C/E Light is on I have no had any performance issues, it starts right up on first turn I think its just because the Tach stopped working. Although I am having a new transmission installed now but that is because the car was lowered and i bottomed out.

Great Car
By CHK on 09/02/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2006 when it had about 150,000 miles - have made many trips from PA to NH and back with never a problem - this car has never let me down. It now has 215,000 miles, and I'm looking to take it to 300,000. The only service I've had to do is routine maintenance, and repairs that were a result of my own dumb mistakes. Great car!!! Looking to by buy another car in the next couple months - this one will be another Accord. Thanks, Honda.

Great Car!!!
By ReganS on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We wanted a newer Accord but found this 97 with all the bells and whistles, low miles, and a great price. I love the car. It's quick an smooth, and still looks nice. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Safest investment of my life
By bigjboss on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 accord ex v6 used after I got my first real job. It's the only thing that i haven't had to worry about since. Other than when I have run into things, I have had absolutely no problems

My HOnda
By Rob X on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

One of the best and most reliable cars I have ever owned. A pleasure to drive and always dependable.

Nice car but what's with the P/W?
By ImportOnly on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We just replaced our '87 Acura Legend Coup with a '97 Honda Accord for my wife and although we love the cars for their overall quality and reliability, what's up with the power window motors burning out? I can understand it on the '87 Acura Legend, but the '97 Honda Accord after having it for only a few weeks that motor on the driver side window stopped working. Honda needs to improve the that power feature of the cars. Everything else is superior to anything else on the road for quality and reliability. Great car!!!

Not as good as others
By Asian user on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

got it from a private party with 85,000 miles on it. The trans is jerking in the "slow & go" situation. Won't happen when it's " Stop & go". That's why I didn't find out at the test drive. I have been a Toyota fan for more than 8 years, their trans just smooth like silk. Been to shop (not dealer), they told trans jerk on high mileage Accord are very common. No solution unless change a used one-$1,200. Also, many of the repair cost are higher than Toyota. it does have one advantage: it's timing belt need to replace every 90,000 miles, not 60,000.