Used 1997 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Hondillac
By hondillac

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I have owned my used 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6 since April 2010. I LOVE MY CAR!! I actually owned a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe, loaded 5-speed stick but a 4-cylinder engine. The power between the two is astonishing!! My V6 is powerful even though its 18 years old!! It has a smooth ride and everything still works; air conditioning, power windows, sunroof, etc,. Donít get me wrong, I've put money in this car but it has been the greatest car I've ever owned. This model year quality cannot be beat!! Yes, I own a Honda-Cadillac; my Hondillac!!! IíM IN LOVE WITH MY CAR!!!

I like the ride the most. I cannot believe how well this car rides!! I live in Michigan and the car is from Tennessee so there is no rust!! I think this car sat for a while because it just rides too smooth. I have gotten tie-rods, ball joints and other misc things but my car rides as good or better than a 2007 Saturn and I've experienced it first-hand.

NONE!!! Bring back this model years quality!! No new Honda can equal the quality built into this model year.

A Consumer Car With Zip
By peterpaul

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This is my second Honda Accord in the last few years. My first was a '97 Honda Accord SE with 185,000 miles on it that I bought from a junkyard for essentially nothing: it zipped around fine, sipped gas, and was cheap to repair. It died (lesson, never buy a used car without a maintenance history) as the old owner ragged it. For the above reasons, I bought one last week, a '97 EX with the V6 engine in it. It has 138,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition. It has zip and pep and really gets around town. Even better, as it has all the maintenance records going back to purchase, I can see it has been well kept and for a fraction of other cars. Yay 94-97 Honda Accords!

Great reliable car
By Scott

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this EX-L V6 in 02 with 68k, now has 193k. Other than normal maintenance., it hasn't needed anything. Doesn't use any oil and the v6 is peppy, yet gets good mpg. Disc brakes on all 4 wheels seem to hold up very well. Been through 2 teenage drivers and still survived ( I know they didn't baby it). Plan on keeping it another 100k. Power windows have gotten a little slow, but seems to be a common problem on these cars. Spray silicone once in while does seem to help. Looking for another 97 accord for my next teenager.

Reliability, Fun to drive, good gas mileage for a v6. Dual airbags. 4 wheel disc brakes

hate the fake wood grain on the dash.

Best Car Ever!
By Jones

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I originally had a 1989 Ford Mustang GT and had traded it for my 97' Accord EX V6. Have to say honestly was my best decision ever! I have ever option available, leather, power seats, power windows and locks, steering wheel controls, etc. Only issue I have had was replaced a cracked radiator but come on it has 156k miles for god sake! The window motors are somewhat slow but i manage, the a/c isn't great but it keeps me cool. Although my C/E Light is on I have no had any performance issues, it starts right up on first turn I think its just because the Tach stopped working. Although I am having a new transmission installed now but that is because the car was lowered and i bottomed out.

leather interior, power seats, steering wheel controls, reliability

a/c, window motors.

Great Car
By CHK

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2006 when it had about 150,000 miles - have made many trips from PA to NH and back with never a problem - this car has never let me down. It now has 215,000 miles, and I'm looking to take it to 300,000. The only service I've had to do is routine maintenance, and repairs that were a result of my own dumb mistakes. Great car!!! Looking to by buy another car in the next couple months - this one will be another Accord. Thanks, Honda.

Leather, moonroof, CD & tape, Great Honda Quality.

None.