Used 1997 Honda Accord LX V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

decent first car lasts quite a lot of miles#
By datonechiik

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 230k miles on it, the engine had already been replaced and I did all the maintenance i could on it at around 260k the power steering went out, at 280 the check engine light came on and auto zone could not help, granted i sold the car

Favorite Features

Space

No I think I got a bad car
By starv55

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I heard honda's are good cars and can last a long time. I bought this for 4000 with 154,000 miles. Was not worth it. The interior easily falls apart. It runs really badly and scares me. It's been in the shop about 4 or 5x in the last two months. it just came right out and already the check engine light is on. it basically shits itself going up any type of hill even a slight hill. it makes obnoxious noises when i lock the doors and randomly makes noises out of nowhere. i got a new starter and it still starts up really scarily. it vibrates and revs while in park. when i put my foot on the gas to accelerate it freaks out. I really hate this car and I pray I will make enough money to get a new 1

Favorite Features

The maroon/red is a nice color

Suggested Improvements

everything cassette player rejects everything collects dust super fast engine makes high pitched eerie noises can not make it up a hill

300,000 miles and going strong
By chilli1

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Over 300,000 miles on original motor and transmission. Almost nothing has ever gone wrong with it, except it would shut off or not start, and problem was a recalled ignition switch, dealer fixed for free. Hope to get a half million miles out of it!

Favorite Features

Reliable!

the accord
By sonelon

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

its a pretty good car overall, but it doesn't drive smoothly and isn't comfy

Favorite Features

it can drive for a long time

Suggested Improvements

it can just be improved overall

Too Many Times In The Shop!
By SweetTee

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I had this car for two years and I constantly had this car in and out the shop getting minor things fixed on it. I had brakes and rotors put on the car 3 times ( I have a heavy foot) but Im fine with that. I brought the car when it only had 77,000 miles on it. I had water pump, timing belt, temperature gauge, lower ball point replace on both sides and CV boot, alternator and now I need to replace one of my ABS speed sensors and the engine light is on and I dont know whats wrong with the car. I take very good care of my car dont get me wrong. Sometimes I just want to get rid of it. As of right now it has 150,000 miles on it.