Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Hondillac
By hondillac

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I have owned my used 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6 since April 2010. I LOVE MY CAR!! I actually owned a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe, loaded 5-speed stick but a 4-cylinder engine. The power between the two is astonishing!! My V6 is powerful even though its 18 years old!! It has a smooth ride and everything still works; air conditioning, power windows, sunroof, etc,. Donít get me wrong, I've put money in this car but it has been the greatest car I've ever owned. This model year quality cannot be beat!! Yes, I own a Honda-Cadillac; my Hondillac!!! IíM IN LOVE WITH MY CAR!!!

I like the ride the most. I cannot believe how well this car rides!! I live in Michigan and the car is from Tennessee so there is no rust!! I think this car sat for a while because it just rides too smooth. I have gotten tie-rods, ball joints and other misc things but my car rides as good or better than a 2007 Saturn and I've experienced it first-hand.

NONE!!! Bring back this model years quality!! No new Honda can equal the quality built into this model year.

Definitely worth the money
By heyguysitsme

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from another college student. Already gone on multiple long road trips(100 miles or more one way), and it just keeps on plugging along at 250,000 miles. I drive 80 miles a day round trip on the freeway, and its done very well. 28 mpg average. Only problem is that these cars are supposed to have 17 gallon gas tanks, but when the needle is on empty, mine only takes 13. Not a major issue though. Definitely worth the 1000 dollars I paid for it.

decent first car lasts quite a lot of miles#
By datonechiik

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 230k miles on it, the engine had already been replaced and I did all the maintenance i could on it at around 260k the power steering went out, at 280 the check engine light came on and auto zone could not help, granted i sold the car

Space

No I think I got a bad car
By starv55

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I heard honda's are good cars and can last a long time. I bought this for 4000 with 154,000 miles. Was not worth it. The interior easily falls apart. It runs really badly and scares me. It's been in the shop about 4 or 5x in the last two months. it just came right out and already the check engine light is on. it basically shits itself going up any type of hill even a slight hill. it makes obnoxious noises when i lock the doors and randomly makes noises out of nowhere. i got a new starter and it still starts up really scarily. it vibrates and revs while in park. when i put my foot on the gas to accelerate it freaks out. I really hate this car and I pray I will make enough money to get a new 1

The maroon/red is a nice color

everything cassette player rejects everything collects dust super fast engine makes high pitched eerie noises can not make it up a hill

BEST CAR!!
By gvnnpd

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Value 4dr Sedan

I bought mine with 60k, i now have 120k. Ive only done oil changes along with once a year wax. It looks new and runs great! Ive only needed to do the a/c compressor, which was only $300 what a steal! when my friends same year Saab was 1,200. Boy did he have a Saab story! This car takes you anywhere and everywhere! Ive taken it to Colorado in the mountains, to the beaches of california, never has it ever broken down on me. At times ive though of getting a new car but then i remember that NOTHING compares to the gas and reliability this car has. Its a gold mine, thats why its been rated the #1 stolen in America! crooks know where theres gold mines.