Used 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accords rule!
By tennisballs

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed this car. It has been incredibly reliable. I've been driving it for 11 years and would drive it for 10 more if my family didn't need a bigger car now.

This my first car and I love it
By red97

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it is so fun - it drives better than a Benz. The 4 cylinder is very fast and responsive. Great gas mileage. The only problems I've had so far is the front axles had to be replaced and the starter and solenoid, that's about it. The ac stinks but I got sun roof so it's all good and the seat belts are horrible they choke you but the seats are extremely comfy. Plus the trunk is very roomy. I once got three kids, two ice chests, 3 tents, 2 adults, a million blankets etc. and food in my car. Oh and tiki torches out the sun roof.

Favorite Features

Sun roof. Performance. Gas mileage, style and quality.

Suggested Improvements

door handles, window motors, and air

Best Car Ever! 97' 2 dr se
By Rob Elliott

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Bought it w/18 miles on it in dec. 96'. It now has 215,000. Zero problems. Only 15 oil changes in 11 years. One new battery & a few tires. Still looks & drives like new. Solid car. Have gotten my money out of it. Still gets over 400 miles on a full tank that holds 13 gallons. I've opened the hood twice. Once when I bought it and again last year when I put a new battery in it. Priceless.

Reliable
By Sid

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Like the other posts say, the car is relibile. Only took it to the shop once.. to do a valve adjustment because I didn't want to do it myself. Everything else I worked on and it's been running great. There's so many things you can customize on this car. The service manual for this car is the best manual I've ever seen. Shows you how to do everything in detail steps.. Honda is known for this.Power Windows can be a problem. Had to replace the driver side power window assembly twice. Power Windows are slow due the flimsy design of the pulley system. Too much tension being place on the cable.Over all it's been a very good car.. It's taken a lot of abuse and keeps on working!

Favorite Features

Power Steering.. it's very responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Power Windows, Power Windows, Power Windows. If there's a drop in replacement for the design I would buy it.

170 Thousand Trouble Free Miles
By DrSardonica

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

The only thing I have done to this car is change the oil, the belts and the tires. I do use synthetic oil. Given the performance of this car, I would never own anything but a Honda.