Used 1997 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Strong and Reliable 5-speed!
By FireBreathOpal

1997 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've owned mostly Toyota, an 88 and 89 Camry, a 97 4Runner and an 06 Prius. I've owned an 04 Volvo S60 and a Mitsubishi Magna. I only owned one other Honda, a 90 Civic and that was like a lil automatic go-kart that always started up and went everywhere. My girlfriend killed that car due to ATF filling difficulties on her part.:) I bought this white 97' accord in 2012 along with a 94' same model for my spouse so we could interchange parts along the way which ended up happening btw. I LOVED THIS car, it was peppy and quick, acted like a snow tank (with winter treads) through snowstorms; efficient as could be with avg 26 - 35 mpg depending on temps outside and how grippy the tires are (summers get 35mpg, winters down to 26); fun to drive with the classic Honda shifting action and sound of the motor correlating so well to each gear; and the sheer simplicity of working on these cars, they are so easy to change out parts and maintain. I have to sell my car now because can't keep due to moving overseas. =( I've hauled 2 kids in the back seat and much stuff in it's capably sized trunk. I love this car and it looks goood in it's new clean, polish, and waxed look and its Honda 7 spoke alloy rims. The JVC bluetooth/USB/aux stereo in it sounds really good with the stock speakers on this model year. I noticed when I hooked up newer Pioneer and Polk speakers and they didn't sound as good.

This car also has decent clearance and ability to go camping with here in Colorado. Gonna miss this car. Will definitely buy another Honda.

Almost 20 years of complete satisfaction
By Flyha

1997 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This car was so reliable until about year 15, when original parts needed replacement regularly. Unfortunately, exhaust seems to have the shortest life on Hondas, but replaced it around year 10 or 11 and nothing since.

Accords rule!
By tennisballs

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed this car. It has been incredibly reliable. I've been driving it for 11 years and would drive it for 10 more if my family didn't need a bigger car now.

Good Car
By tim d

1997 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

My wife had one of these for her first new car. Very reliable, easy to maintain and drive. Mileage was 30MPG combined, which was exceptional. A few minor problems: clutch start interlock switch (fixed myself) and a/c condenser kept getting stopped up with leaves and spilling water on floor (dealer wanted $200 to install a screen to keep this from happening). Fairly fun to drive and reasonably fast for a basic car. We had the coupe, but should have spent the money on the sedan so we could get more use out of it after we had kids.

Extra-crisp 5 speed transmission (reminded me of the early Acura Legends). Low cost of operation. Large trunk, reasonably comfortable. Probably should have never gotten rid of this, it was a good car. Overall simplicity was a nice departure from today's cars. I wish my 07 Odyssey was this good.

Better power windows (too slow) and better engineered A/C system. Paint quality could have been better.

This my first car and I love it
By red97

1997 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it is so fun - it drives better than a Benz. The 4 cylinder is very fast and responsive. Great gas mileage. The only problems I've had so far is the front axles had to be replaced and the starter and solenoid, that's about it. The ac stinks but I got sun roof so it's all good and the seat belts are horrible they choke you but the seats are extremely comfy. Plus the trunk is very roomy. I once got three kids, two ice chests, 3 tents, 2 adults, a million blankets etc. and food in my car. Oh and tiki torches out the sun roof.

Sun roof. Performance. Gas mileage, style and quality.

door handles, window motors, and air