1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great car - Honda's last forever
By Accord Fan on 03/28/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Great all around car: good handling, comfortable for me at 6'2", quiet, no squeaks or rattles in a 12 year old car with 145k miles!, good mpg especially with the 5 spd, parts are cheap and plentiful - new kits for all front joints / tie rod ends for $100 on eBay.

Great car
By sara on 09/12/08 04:44 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I got my Honda for my 16th birthday. My Dad has bought it brand new, and passed it on to me. I've put over 100K on it in the past 3 years, and other than needing some minor repairs that you can expect with any 11 year old car with 200,000 miles on it, I haven't had any problems with my Honda. Unfortunately, I flipped it last week and it's not repairable (at least not for way more than the $3,000 it's worth now) - I wish I could afford a new accord, but as a college student I definitely can't. Great car to give a new driver - it's sporty, had great mpg, is reliable, and holds up great in a crash - I flipped going 70 on the highway and walked away with nothing more than some bruises. Great car

i love my honda!
By accord ny on 05/29/05 19:03 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I own a 97 Accord EX 2dr. I purchased the car 9 months ago and have put 16,000 miles on it. I've driven it from NY to FL 4 times and all I have done is change the oil. I owned a 96 Civic before this, and would definitly buy another honda. The check engine light is on, but I'm not sure why. It's probably something small since I've put 12,000 miles on it like that. Drives very smooth, good gas mileage, roomy trunk for such a small car, the sound system sounds great even though it's stock. i love all the features too, because mine has the 6-disc changer and sunroof. the power windows are slow, especially the passenger side one. overall, a fabulous car that i would reccomend to anyone.

Fun to Drive
By jk1601 on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is my third Accord and I bought it off a lease in 99. Compared to my previous 89 DX, this thing has power, since it's 5 speed with VTEC engine. IT's my first car with power everything and I really love to drive it, 50 miles/day to work. But 3 years after buying it, I think it needs even more power. The the only problem I've had is the power door locks failed. It's got 80,000 miles and going strong.

Sacrificing performance for reliability
By REL on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

As most Honda owners will agree, the Accord is about as close to "bulletproof" as it gets. Mine currently has a bit over 60,000 miles and all I have had to do is change out the original set of tires. What the car lacks in performance and styling, it clearly makes up in reliability and comfort.