1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
decent first car lasts quite a lot of miles#
By datonechiik on 08/25/14 16:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 230k miles on it, the engine had already been replaced and I did all the maintenance i could on it at around 260k the power steering went out, at 280 the check engine light came on and auto zone could not help, granted i sold the car

No I think I got a bad car
By starv55 on 05/04/14 21:18 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I heard honda's are good cars and can last a long time. I bought this for 4000 with 154,000 miles. Was not worth it. The interior easily falls apart. It runs really badly and scares me. It's been in the shop about 4 or 5x in the last two months. it just came right out and already the check engine light is on. it basically shits itself going up any type of hill even a slight hill. it makes obnoxious noises when i lock the doors and randomly makes noises out of nowhere. i got a new starter and it still starts up really scarily. it vibrates and revs while in park. when i put my foot on the gas to accelerate it freaks out. I really hate this car and I pray I will make enough money to get a new 1

300,000 miles and going strong
By chilli1 on 07/20/12 09:59 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Over 300,000 miles on original motor and transmission. Almost nothing has ever gone wrong with it, except it would shut off or not start, and problem was a recalled ignition switch, dealer fixed for free. Hope to get a half million miles out of it!

the accord
By sonelon on 12/19/06 11:56 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

its a pretty good car overall, but it doesn't drive smoothly and isn't comfy

Too Many Times In The Shop!
By SweetTee on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I had this car for two years and I constantly had this car in and out the shop getting minor things fixed on it. I had brakes and rotors put on the car 3 times ( I have a heavy foot) but Im fine with that. I brought the car when it only had 77,000 miles on it. I had water pump, timing belt, temperature gauge, lower ball point replace on both sides and CV boot, alternator and now I need to replace one of my ABS speed sensors and the engine light is on and I dont know whats wrong with the car. I take very good care of my car dont get me wrong. Sometimes I just want to get rid of it. As of right now it has 150,000 miles on it.

Not as good as I expected
By handbook on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car because of the reputation for reliability, but ended up disappointed. The biggest problem is slow power windows that sometimes stop completely in cold weather. No one has ever been able to fix them. I've also had a couple of leaks. In hindsight, I would have bought a car that was more fun to drive instead of this boring sedan.

One enjoyable car!
By rageous on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed every minute of the last five years with my 97 Accord. It's fun to drive and very reliable. Only routine maintenance has been needed in the last 80,000 miles. This is also a very easy car to customize with thousands of available accessories on the market.

Best Deal and VERY Reliable
By rma on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is my moms but I've prob. driven it more than she has. I have to say that this car is VERY reliable! We havent had to take it in ever since we got it...except this week the brakes started rattling but thats about it. Eventhough we spent a couple hours negotiating the price we ended up getting it at $500 over factory invoice! That was in May of 96...Honda's are the only cars we own at the moment

my 90 accord was a much better car
By leslie2 on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

air conditioning system never worked correctly; after 5 years the dealership finally admitted it and fixed it; handles well on and off the highway my 90 EX was just a better car to drive I did hate those automatic seat belts and that is the only reason I sold it; my son is still driving the '90 with 160000 miles