Used 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Original Owner - 13 years and still goin
By melachuri

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Great Car. Replaced A/C evaporator at 70k and radiator at 100k. Other than that did all needed maintenance - CV joints, Timing belt, etc.

Favorite Features

Very reliable, nice drive.

Suggested Improvements

Need better interior: window motors, door handles etc.

Great Car!
By camman97

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My sister got this car when she was 15 and it had 50k miles on it and now shes 22 and she recently bought a new fusion but this car was passed down to me and now with 203067 miles on it and we have had only 1 problem and it was the EGR valve but it does have minor faults like the windows and paint but otherwise a fine car and i would buy another one

Favorite Features

Radio(could be better), i like the sunroof.

My 2nd favorite Honda
By thehub

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This is my second '97 Special Edition four door, and neither has disappointed. The ride is smooth (on new Pirellis) while it is not a Porsche, it is reliable, safe and fun to drive. It is comfortable as all get out! This is my 6th Honda, and only my 1989 Accord Lxi has been better. Honda is a cut above the rest. Buy one, and you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Body style-it was a head turner in 1997-and not to shabby for 2010. Sun roof and alloy wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Put some peppy electrical motors in the power windows. I can 'hand crank' faster than that!

LOVE MY SE!
By krm

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My sister had leased this car for 3 yrs and I snatched it up the day she went SUV. 135K miles on it now w/numerous 2K mile road trips under her belt. You can not destroy this car! I drive on possibly the worst tires in a winter snow zone without chains or studs and as long as the front bumper isn't pushing snow, I get wherever I need to go. My fuel mileage has drops to about 20-21 MPG with the winter ethanol mix we're forced to use, but she runs like a champ! Great car!

Favorite Features

Love the leg room up front. Never ridden in the back but doesn't look comfy with the Driver's seat all the way back like I have it. Lab loves to ride shotgun and her throne requires an annual steam cleaning. Moon roof is essential.

Suggested Improvements

Center console does not support male's weight on right arm pushing himself back into cruising posture - elbow has shattered the top plastic of the console lid. Paint chips terribly on front. Hate where the trunk/fuel releases are. That's where my left foot rides dammit. S/be in jockey box.

High mileage
By windshawne

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003-3 days after I bought it, I had to have the heads redone. Researching its history, I found the car had been abused, however, as of today, it has 199,500 miles on it and it's still as sound as the day I bought it. Just the past oil change it has started to use oil, so I need to investigate that. This has been the most reliable car I have ever had. When it finally dies, I will buy another one.

Favorite Features

CD player-which has amazing sound, compared to others.

Suggested Improvements

Defroster-all Hondas I have driven seem to have this issue-crack your window and it will be fine.