1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car!
By camman97 on 11/12/12 20:20 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My sister got this car when she was 15 and it had 50k miles on it and now shes 22 and she recently bought a new fusion but this car was passed down to me and now with 203067 miles on it and we have had only 1 problem and it was the EGR valve but it does have minor faults like the windows and paint but otherwise a fine car and i would buy another one

My 2nd favorite Honda
By thehub on 06/07/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This is my second '97 Special Edition four door, and neither has disappointed. The ride is smooth (on new Pirellis) while it is not a Porsche, it is reliable, safe and fun to drive. It is comfortable as all get out! This is my 6th Honda, and only my 1989 Accord Lxi has been better. Honda is a cut above the rest. Buy one, and you will not be disappointed.

Original Owner - 13 years and still goin
By melachuri on 04/24/10 07:41 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Great Car. Replaced A/C evaporator at 70k and radiator at 100k. Other than that did all needed maintenance - CV joints, Timing belt, etc.

High mileage
By windshawne on 11/13/09 19:41 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003-3 days after I bought it, I had to have the heads redone. Researching its history, I found the car had been abused, however, as of today, it has 199,500 miles on it and it's still as sound as the day I bought it. Just the past oil change it has started to use oil, so I need to investigate that. This has been the most reliable car I have ever had. When it finally dies, I will buy another one.

LOVE MY SE!
By krm on 02/15/09 04:30 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My sister had leased this car for 3 yrs and I snatched it up the day she went SUV. 135K miles on it now w/numerous 2K mile road trips under her belt. You can not destroy this car! I drive on possibly the worst tires in a winter snow zone without chains or studs and as long as the front bumper isn't pushing snow, I get wherever I need to go. My fuel mileage has drops to about 20-21 MPG with the winter ethanol mix we're forced to use, but she runs like a champ! Great car!

WELL MADE!
By vaneverette71 on 01/31/09 15:18 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97 Special Edition in March, 03 with 60k on her. The only things I have done besides oil changes have been replacing the radiator and timing belt (1st time!) at 160k. I wish I had a stick shift, but it still runs well and burns very little oil. I change oil every 7.5k. The new hondas look good, but since I'll only get $2-3k in trade, I think I'll hang onto this baby a while!

Still Running & Looking Great
By Chris on 09/02/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord in January of 2004 at 90,000 miles. It still runs great thanks in part of regular repairs that it has needed and the simple fact that it's a Honda. I am planing on buying a new Accord this spring so I will miss this car a lot when I trade it in.

Happy Accord owner
By hnk000 on 08/28/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord se since it was a year old/25k miles. It now has 250,000 miles on it. I've done every maintenance requirement on it. And had only a few problems all things considered. Brought it from la to ca and back. After all this time the only problem I have is the leaks. But after so much wear and tear what else could anyone ask for. A great car. I'm attached still after all these years. And it still looks perfect. Word.

1 of three I own, need I say more...
By scott on 06/02/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I own three 97 Honda accords, two Lxs and My SE. My lowest mileage Lx has 135,00 and my highest 212,000. And they all run like new. Have had to do very little with any of them. They wear tires like a dream, usually a set lasts longer than manufacture rating. My tip for everyones weak motor widow troubles is to spray some lube on the window channels going vertically on each side, the problem is not the motor, it is binding friction on the glass sides itself. This will make the windows work like new.

'97 SE accord
By SeattleGirl on 10/25/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 55,000 miles on it in Nov '00. I now have 140,000 and it's still going. Do regular oil changes and maintenance. The dealer tells me the oilpan has slight leak, which I won't pay to repair and they say I might never need to repair (pricey fix, like about $1000). Slow window motors, weak AC, great gas mileage, reliable car that looks good too. I'll drive it until it dies, which I hope isn't before 200,000 miles. It is my daily driver to work, I'd love to get a new one but can't see getting rid of such a great car. It was worth the $14,000 paid 7 years ago.

1 2 3 4 5 next »