1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Accords rule!
By tennisballs on 06/04/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed this car. It has been incredibly reliable. I've been driving it for 11 years and would drive it for 10 more if my family didn't need a bigger car now.

This my first car and I love it
By red97 on 11/05/09 08:30 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it is so fun - it drives better than a Benz. The 4 cylinder is very fast and responsive. Great gas mileage. The only problems I've had so far is the front axles had to be replaced and the starter and solenoid, that's about it. The ac stinks but I got sun roof so it's all good and the seat belts are horrible they choke you but the seats are extremely comfy. Plus the trunk is very roomy. I once got three kids, two ice chests, 3 tents, 2 adults, a million blankets etc. and food in my car. Oh and tiki torches out the sun roof.

Best Car Ever! 97' 2 dr se
By Rob Elliott on 07/25/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Bought it w/18 miles on it in dec. 96'. It now has 215,000. Zero problems. Only 15 oil changes in 11 years. One new battery & a few tires. Still looks & drives like new. Solid car. Have gotten my money out of it. Still gets over 400 miles on a full tank that holds 13 gallons. I've opened the hood twice. Once when I bought it and again last year when I put a new battery in it. Priceless.

Reliable
By Sid on 03/08/05 13:25 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Like the other posts say, the car is relibile. Only took it to the shop once.. to do a valve adjustment because I didn't want to do it myself. Everything else I worked on and it's been running great. There's so many things you can customize on this car. The service manual for this car is the best manual I've ever seen. Shows you how to do everything in detail steps.. Honda is known for this.Power Windows can be a problem. Had to replace the driver side power window assembly twice. Power Windows are slow due the flimsy design of the pulley system. Too much tension being place on the cable.Over all it's been a very good car.. It's taken a lot of abuse and keeps on working!

170 Thousand Trouble Free Miles
By DrSardonica on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

The only thing I have done to this car is change the oil, the belts and the tires. I do use synthetic oil. Given the performance of this car, I would never own anything but a Honda.

My Dream Car
By Ecks on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I just bought my Honda and I love it, I have wanted an Accord for a while now and everything I was hoping it would be it is. The only complants are the rough shift from 1st to 2nd, slow power windows, and the seams on my leather seats are coming apart, but I suspect it was the previous owners lack of leather conditioning and care.

Good on the outside
By NissanGuy on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Just plan on replacing alot of the stuff on the inside.. ive owned two hondas both of which have had a problem with the power windows.. they like to break. the air conditioning knobs like to fall off.. so you hafta super glue them back together.. and my passenger seat is stuck all the way back.. however, ive had no major mechanical problems and it gets great gas milage and looks wonderful.

Honda review
By Thomas73 on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

By far, this has been the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Fuel economy is great, highway comfort is excellent (I travel quite often), and interior features/amenities are in "the right place'...at 117,000 miles, no squeaks or rattles and the engine is still just as smooth and peppy as the day it was purchased, I would definitely recommend a Honda product to my friends. Simple routine maintenance is all any car requires, but this is my 6th car and it is the easiest to maintain, virtually worry-free.

1997 SE
By rda on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

Fine vehicle, good styling. Somewhat noisy on highway. Fuel economy in city poor. Gets 400 miles to the tankful on highway.

Great car, but...
By JonesHonda on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I've driven my Accord for 3 years and been very happy. the only regret is that the power gadgets are cheapo. The power mirrors have failed and the motors for the power windows are flimsy; I've had to replace both. Otherwise, the comfort, design and engine reliability have been superb.