1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Car I've ever owned
By Brian on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 70,000 and currently has 227,000 replaced 1 half axle, 1 battery, upper bushing on front. 34 mpg on highway w/ cruise combined around 28 mpg. At one point at about 110,000 it would just shut off as if I turned the key off but would catch in gear again b/c of it being a 5 speed standard. I called Honda and they told me that it had been recalled for bad ignition switch. Made an appt at the local dealer. Honda replaced everything. igniton switch, points, plugs, cap, wires and even an oil change at NO COST.. Now that's SERVICE! In fact I just bought my wife a 2004 Accord EX.

I LOVE MY HONDA
By jenny on 02/11/10 16:12 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

this is the best car out there i have many cars before but this is the best... cheap to fix good in fuel and everything else.

Running strong
By yixter on 09/06/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 03 with 68k now it is 183k and still going strong, about 80% of the miles are highway and I still got 31/32mpg overall according to the car's odometer. I carefully rated this car in the listed categories and won't say anything more. I had to replace a failed starter, front cv joints, changed the exhaust system and the tires 2 times, battery and a pair of front brake pads once, that is all. I recently bought a 09 accord new instead of trade in my 97 for $1000 I decided to keep it.

Solid Car
By Richa on 05/01/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This is the most solid built car I've ever owned-- almost eleven years old and no rattles! None. Also, there was a recall to replace dist. cap, rotor, wires, etc. within the past two years that would have addressed some of the other reviewers reliability complaints. My only "repair" (besides expected maintenance) was a new starter. This has got to be one of the better used car buys--30 mpg for a car that seats five.

Great car
By miso on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the 6 cylinder 97 Honda Accord back in Dec 97 as an exchange for a BMW 325 EX and I was very happy I did it. Not only it was more comfortable but also cheaper to maintain. The car was great I say was because they stole it 5 days ago and when the police found it it was destroy by the vandals who stole it. They killed a GREAT CAR Never had a problem with it i will certainly miss it. Now I will have to find another honda to replace it.

Reliable!!!
By mofisto on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

So far I've only had to do routine maintenance. Everything seems to be holding up pretty good.