Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Strong and Reliable 5-speed!
By FireBreathOpal

1997 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I've owned mostly Toyota, an 88 and 89 Camry, a 97 4Runner and an 06 Prius. I've owned an 04 Volvo S60 and a Mitsubishi Magna. I only owned one other Honda, a 90 Civic and that was like a lil automatic go-kart that always started up and went everywhere. My girlfriend killed that car due to ATF filling difficulties on her part.:) I bought this white 97' accord in 2012 along with a 94' same model for my spouse so we could interchange parts along the way which ended up happening btw. I LOVED THIS car, it was peppy and quick, acted like a snow tank (with winter treads) through snowstorms; efficient as could be with avg 26 - 35 mpg depending on temps outside and how grippy the tires are (summers get 35mpg, winters down to 26); fun to drive with the classic Honda shifting action and sound of the motor correlating so well to each gear; and the sheer simplicity of working on these cars, they are so easy to change out parts and maintain. I have to sell my car now because can't keep due to moving overseas. =( I've hauled 2 kids in the back seat and much stuff in it's capably sized trunk. I love this car and it looks goood in it's new clean, polish, and waxed look and its Honda 7 spoke alloy rims. The JVC bluetooth/USB/aux stereo in it sounds really good with the stock speakers on this model year. I noticed when I hooked up newer Pioneer and Polk speakers and they didn't sound as good.

This car also has decent clearance and ability to go camping with here in Colorado. Gonna miss this car. Will definitely buy another Honda.

Almost 20 years of complete satisfaction
By Flyha

1997 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This car was so reliable until about year 15, when original parts needed replacement regularly. Unfortunately, exhaust seems to have the shortest life on Hondas, but replaced it around year 10 or 11 and nothing since.

been a nice ride still is a nice ride
By steve moore

1997 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

am/FM/cassette factory system still works great!!! a couple of shopping cart dings. still has factory hub caps!!!

1997 Honda Accord
By Paul

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Simply the best car I have ever owned. Have owned Gm, Chrysler, etc and they don't compare reliability wise. Simple car, which is why they last as long as they do. 250k, tires, oil changes and brakes. Fantastic car....

Great Car! Very solid!
By Stephen

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 3 years and it has been almost perfect for me! It only has 102,000 miles on it and it could go on forever. I have recently just had to fix the transmission a bit because the torque converter locked up but that is due to most of my driving is done on the highway because I am a college student who drives 250 miles home twice a month or so. The engine is a tank and will run forever. No major complaints about this car at all. It was and still is my first car and I am looking to get many more years out of it. It is the perfect first car! It is not flashy, nor will it make anyone impressed, but it gets the job done efficiently. Honda is known for their solid cars and this is just another solid, well build car. I even put in an aftermarket touchscreen stereo and speakers. This car is very easy to modify or change out little things. 9.5/10