1996 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great car with minimal repairs

1996 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Great car with minimal repairs
By cam0175 on

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when my dad was disabled in 2001. He had kept it in the garage with 7,500 miles. Six years later and 181,500 miles later (it has 189,000 now...mostly highway miles) the car has held up. I just replaced the struts and rotors and got new brakes. I also did the usual coolant change and transmission fluid change and had to replace two cv joints. The engine seems to purr now, I guess it is just breaking in! I plan on driving this thing for a long time. The body is in excellent conditions with one scratch and a small ding and the paint still shines when I wash her. I plan on seeing if this things will last me for another 80,000 miles.

Great gas mileage. I always add fuel injection cleaner at least 3 times a week because i drive a lot and it improves gas mileage. I believe the honda has a 15 gallon tank which will give you about 31 gallons or more on the highway.

Road noise is somewhat apparent in the cabin.