1996 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A Reasonable but Not Exciting

1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

A Reasonable but Not Exciting Used Car
By emeyer on

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This review concerns the 5 speed manual LX 4 cylinder model. Driving: The manual shift has always provided a little annoying hesitation coming out of first gear. I like the extra power of the manual transmission for passing. Interior displays are easy and logical. Not an exciting car to drive--but okay. Reliability: This car is now 10 years old and I have had some difficulty with the usual suspects for older cars: brakes and exhaust have been replaced. I have also replaced the starter (strangley). Otherwise the power features continue to work fine. Average amount of repair/maintenance I'd say. Overall I am reasonably happy with the car.

Favorite Features

I like the chime, upon exiting the car to let me know I have left the lights on. Otherwise, I can't think of a favorite feature. The car has power everything and given the age of the car- -10 years--I am happy the fetures in general still work.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage for my manual trasmission car is only about 25 miles a gallon. That's for a four cylinder. The trunk design is such that putting the back seats down for extra storage doesn't really work since longer items won't clear the top of the trunk.