1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
No more Honda loyalty.
By Czar on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

There was a recall on the engine but I caught it before the recall. Messy. Jammed door lock because of bad actuator (250.00). Front driver window worn out and jammed (250.00). The 1st recall I got was about the electrical wire harness. Also caught it before the recall. Sigh. Two months ago, the engine leaked oil (400.00). The gasket needed to be replaced. I needed to pay first for the two recalls but reimbursed later. Hassle. The 2nd recall fiasco cost 800.00 because the timing belt was damaged ...

Nearly perfect vehicle
By KC Doug on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon with 93,000 miles on it and have since put on another 35,000. Have had no problems, and it continues to be a dependable, versital, fun to drive vehicle. I have used it as a truck, kid bus, business car, and errand car, and it has taken everything I have thrown at it. Good mileage, good performance, solid structure (still no rattles!) and fun to drive. Hard to beat!

i love my car
By rebecca ann on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Honda Accord for almost three years and I still love it. I have had no problems, only routine maintence. She has no rust and looks good.

Accord
By Melody9999 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Very good car. I have owned it for 8 years and the only problem I've had was a headlight burning out.

The Best
By Mr Frank on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

There is no reason to buy any other car the Accord works great, last forever and is fun to drive

Still worth it
By anotherdee on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner and have had no major problems with this car. This is my fourth Honda and third Accord. I'm convinced. If and when this car bitest the dust, I will definitely buy another one. I keep up regular maintenance on it.. I take care of it and it takes care of me!

By TED on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Owned for a few years, never had a problem.

Noisy, weak initially
By Hitesh Parekh on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last month from a private owner. When started, the car makes a lot of noise (is it normal??) Runs quitely till you reach about 60mph. Drags initially but after about 30mph, runs very smoothly. High road/ wind noise. Excellent braking & manueverability at high speed. Leather seats are firm but doesnot provide a good lumbar support. Too early to comment about reliabilty. Overall, great peace of mind.

Man's best friend
By stillwatercove on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

NOT SEXY, but oh soooo dependable, functional, and comfortable to drive. The wagon has so much room. Easyily convertable to put 2 bikes in the back without removing wheels. Quiet on the highway and nimble in the city.

1996 Honda Accord LX
By pamela on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Accord for 7 years and am the original owner. I depend on this vehicle to get us everywhere we need to go; baseball games, basketball games, football games, vacations, work, etc... I change the oil every 4K and perform all routine maintenance as set by the owner's manual. I have 142K miles on this car and it continues to perform just as good as it did 7 years ago. I have a manual transmission and I have the original clutch and brakes. I feel this vehicle will go another 142K. I continue to be impressed with the dependability and resale value of this vehicle.