Used 1996 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord Reveiw
By Mohammad Ali

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My dad got this car in 1996 and this car has really proven itself. It is truly amazing and we have over 130,000 miles on it but it still runs like a dream. And it also keep it's retail value! This car is truly amazing!

I'm not sure which one of the many features are my favorite.

no improvements are needed.

Great Car
By Sayinala

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have bought from a private party, using for 5 years. I never had an issue. Runs great, love this model.

ABS, 6 CD changer, built-in Car Phone, Spacious, Moon/Sun sliding roof

Solid car, check the brakes!!
By Gregg

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

These cars are all they are cracked up to be. Starts everytime. Change the oil and the engine will run 300,000+ miles. Do not be fooled into thinking you won't spend a dime on maintenence! Things do break like every other car. CV shafts, ball joints, brake rotors, etc. Which by the way, before buying this car (94-97 Accords) get the front rotors checked!! If they are bad (pulsation in the steering wheel) knock $400 right off the price of the car. Or ask that they be replaced before purchasing!

30+ MPG. Solid reliabilty.

They have already fixed it, but the ability change the rotors without removing the suspension.

Love It
By LR

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, and have had it for 11 years and 147000 miles. We've never had a day of trouble. It's required just basic maintenance. It still drives great and I don't worry about commuting in it.

Road handling is wonderful, now matter the weather.

I Miss Her
By Donna

1996 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my '96 brand new and never regretted it. In over 145K miles, only needed to replace alternator and plug wires. This car never failed to start, the fit and finish was excellent, and it was a solid, well built car. Some idiot decided to steal it, so I no longer have one, but I just wanted to let everyone know what a great car they are. Have not done the research, but I hope that the new ones have kept all the quality features of my '96.

Quality materials, fit and finish, and reliability, especially in Colorado rain and snow.

My only regret was the fact that it was rather a "plain vanilla" sort of car. Too many silver ones...I was always trying to get into someone else's in the parking lot!...Honda needs to revamp their car designs! New ones still look the same! Otherwise, no complaints at all.