1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary
By Torch on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This has been a the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. You get bored with the car before it wears out!!! (I just bought a ford truck) I have been thru 4 sets of tires and a couple complete brake jobs..I think this is due to the weight all in the front of the car and fortunately my husband is a mechanice!!At 122000 miles I am noticing a hesitation in the transmission shifting from 2nd to 3rd in the cold weather until the car warms up. Would recommend this car to anyone.

1996 Honda Accord LX Sedan
By Koller1 on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Love it. Bought it with 32K miles and now has 133K. Driver's side window is very slow going up but that is it. I've changed the timing belt and have gone through two sets of tires and that's it. Not a high performance vehicle that will put you back in your seat but very dependable and comfortable with overall very good performance.

Name???
By bullmoose on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

A quality vehicle ovrall. No major repairs in the 8 yrs that we have owned it. All regular required maintenance was done and the car has operated to our greatest expectations. It has not once failed us. It was our second Honda, the first being a 1986 which we had for 10 years. Our third will no doubt also be a Honda.

Great car, except gas mileage
By Snowman2109 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 132500. Overall, its a pretty nice car, never failed me in times. Can be expensive to fix but if you have the right connections, you can get it fixed for the right price. In the year i owned it, i replaced the cv boot-90 for parts and 90 for work, timing belt changed for the first time changed at 135000 and didnt even snap, impressive. Window just driver side motor just broke, 110 with part. Gas mileage is my biggest concern. During the winter i got 16mpg, and summer i got 20, might not be so bad for a normal car but pretty bad for a 130hp 4 banger. Also winter driving was horrible with no traction

Great Car
By lewdog444 on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Never had a problem, fun to drive...always

Excellent, fun car
By donoby on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Car is excellent for someone looking for clean handling and excellent reliability. while succeeding generation Handa Accord coupes are more stylish, this car still looks good after 8 years.

I would buy another Honda
By cac20 on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new 8 years ago and it has been virtually maintenence free until about 102,000 miles when it developed a major oil leak ( broken seal) but besides that it has only been routine maintenance and it now has 106k miles. It has served our family well!

Worth a test drive
By shurt on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Being in sales, I'm very tough on autos and this one has lived up to the tests. Very reliable, comfortable and fun to drive, handles like a dream. I had the 5 speed manual transmission which is nice on back roads, and for immediate extra power, but annoying in the city. If you need something affordable, dependable, and extremely economical this is a great choice.

What can I say, it's a Honda.
By kmgreen6260 on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Why would anyone buy an American made piece of junk when they could own a car that's made in America but with Japanese Technology? Buy a Honda and I guarantee you'll never buy an American made car again.

My Fav Car
By heatherjo811 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car out of college and have had it for 8 years. Every penny I've put into it has been regular maintenance, not one penny has gone into fixing a problem. Highly recommend this car!!!!