1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
mm
By mg005 on 02/12/06 14:02 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Accord for nearly 10 years. It is by far the most reliable and problem free car I have ever owned. It is not the most exciting car to drive; however, I bought the car for reliability and gas mileage and have gotten my monies worth. Currently, I have 165K miles and hope to get 250K.

The "Mayesmobile": A Well-Built Wagon
By Marc Mayes on 01/09/06 20:58 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

A silver 1996 Honda Accord wagon has been in our family for so long, it has earned the loving nickname "The Mayesmobile". It has transported us through blizzards and hurricanes reliably and comfortably. For a decade, it has swallowed our hockey gear, musical instruments, friends and animals with ease. After all these years, it is still a peppy* drive, rattle-free over potholes, nimble in the corners and easy to parallel park. As the car has gotten older, we have had a few issues finding parts (struts at 90,000 miles) when we've needed them, but as of yet, no major repairs have been required outside of routine maintenance. It is easily the best car our family has ever owned.

The "find" of the year!
By #4sGirl on 10/12/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 32k miles on it from a man whose late wife quite literally only drove it to church, the grocery store and Wal-Mart. It's in fabulous condition for being 9 years old. The only trouble I've had from it are some occasional noises I'm not used to - I've never had a 4c before. I'm loving the low-mileage (I sold my '99 Pathfinder w/ 93k mi to get this car) and the high gas mileage... I plan to drive it for many years to come.

Happy Owner
By King on 09/17/05 12:10 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I sold a 2002 Ford Ranger, still under factory warranty to purchase a nine year old Honda Accord. I didn't see the point in paying so much more for the truck. I absolutely love my Accord. Maybe because I'm saving a lot of money on gas and monthly payments, or maybe just because it's a great car! When I purchased it, it had just over 100,000 miles and was in near perfect condition. I suspect it will last longer than the Ranger I sold that had 55,000 miles!

Great car, as reliable as they come
By Ken on 08/28/05 04:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at 98K miles. For the two years I have driven it, I have not had any problems with it - everything works, no breakdowns, no funny noises, etc. A quick check shows the resale value has hardly depreciated and it's not surprising why that is so. On recent trips, I've averaged 31 miles on the highway. This car has been very good to my wallet and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of buying it.

Very good everyday driver
By The Commander on 05/28/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Well, Hondas are known to be reliable and this one is no different! I've owned it for past 5 years at 42,000 miles and other than AC problem and window problem, nothing major.

I love it
By HOnd on 01/11/05 10:05 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought that car with a salvage title. It was in two major wrecks before. Recently it was totaled again. I decided to rebuild it - that's how much I like my Honda! The car runs exceptionally well. It has 115,000 miles on it, but it looks and drives like brand new. My recommnedation is to buy 4 cyl. EX with 5spd - it is fair on gas and yet when the VTEC kicks in... say astalavista.

175,000 miles and still kicking!
By Accord Guy on 12/01/04 09:21 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the 3rd owner in July of 2002. I purchased it for $2500 b/c the seller had put 144,500 miles on it and dealerships were only going to give her $2k for a trade in. I have done minimal work on this car and it has been very reliable. Routinely gets me 25+mpg. Long highway trips will net me 30 mpg. Great gas mileage.Just realized this car is still on original timing belt so that is getting replaced this week. 175,000 mils on original timing belt! wow!Wish the car had more power, but it gets the job done

Great car, No problems
By Dan j. on 11/13/04 18:01 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has gone through 4 people so far (all in my family), and im currently the one driving it. We have never had a problem with the car except for one headlight burning out, which we fixed ourselves. a great great car, i dont know what else to say, the only thing i would change is to make the car a 5 speed to add to the fun-to-drive element. Honda keeps to its reputation with this car, and im still finding out new convienent things about the car to this day.

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary
By Torch on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This has been a the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. You get bored with the car before it wears out!!! (I just bought a ford truck) I have been thru 4 sets of tires and a couple complete brake jobs..I think this is due to the weight all in the front of the car and fortunately my husband is a mechanice!!At 122000 miles I am noticing a hesitation in the transmission shifting from 2nd to 3rd in the cold weather until the car warms up. Would recommend this car to anyone.