Used 1996 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My Best Friend
By s.macquaig

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is my second Accord, I have 152,000 miles on the present one and I really do not ever want to get rid of it. I have only had to replace batteries and I have been faithful getting timing belt, etc changed on schedule. I was a home health rn. working out in the country and put many miles on it, son had it for 1 semester at college, this car drove me to Florida about 2,000 miles round trip when I evacuated New Orleans from Katrina.I have retired to northern Michigan 3 months ago,and "my best friend" now has nice warm garage and loves to drive on the snow! My son lives here also and after my luck with honda, bought a Honda station wagon from private owner 1984/186,000 mi+ runs like a top.

Favorite Features

Dependability, easy drive.My sister drove me back to new orleans after i evacuated to her home in southern Fl.not only is the car fun to drive I enjoyed passenger feel, safe and the car has enough weight to feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

For some reason I seemed to get in trouble with my tires and the problem was always with the stems. I would wager I had to have at least 8-10 stems replaced after the tire lost air.no other cause for the flat

Blue's car:( ~~you were so good to me~~
By blueskeye

1996 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I just can't say enough about the Honda. From the day I bought it, until last week, Nov2nd,06,(265k mi) it was sooo good to me, fun to drive, got me back and forth comfortably to work, and back and forth on many trips to Florida:) and other places,dependably, safely...where is it now? at the collision shop, the rear bumper & trunk smashed in while I and GF were at a complete stop, the 2007 Audi SUV plowed into the back of it, at approx 35 mph, he didn't even brake! We were only minorly hurt (I hope, not all the test results are back yet), the unibody design, and the correct crumple zones did what they were supposed to do. the Adjuster considered it "A Total Loss"...I say it is NOT a total loss

Favorite Features

the design

Suggested Improvements

I had planned on having the car for at least another 100k miles. maybe, different colors..lol..

1996 Honda EX six cylinder
By KenStewart

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Gas mileage is good, about 27 mpg at speeds up to 70 mph. Gas mileage declines above 70mph. ~21 mpg climbing Rocky Mtns @80 mph. Gas mileage is 24-26 mpg in city traffic. Handles well on dry road, wet road, and snow covered roads. I've driven it through Needles California when the outdoor temperature was 120 degrees F with no problems -- air conditioner functioned well and engine coolant temperature remained normal. Interior is comfortable with four adults. Ride quality is good with 1 to 4 people. Fill the car with 4 people and the trunk with luggage then the car feels heavy.

Favorite Features

Anti-lock breaks, large trunk, map lights.

Suggested Improvements

Needs an auxiliary power outlet in addition to the standard cigarette lighter.

my Accord
By Bill

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Great all around car. Good in snow. could use more power. Controls well laid out. Had problems with Ac, starter, fuel injectors.

Favorite Features

manual transmission, 6 disc cd changer

Suggested Improvements

Stronger springs for trunk lid.

What you can expect in repairs!!
By Bruce

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Great car for Reliability. Below are my service records: 1. Timing Belt replaced 88K 2. New Radiator - 130K 3. Temperature senor - 140K 4. Vaccum hose fell off - 167K 5. Oil pan gasket - 170K 6. Rear main seal - 176K 7. Distributor o-ring and engine gasket - 176K 8. oxygen senors - 176K 9. Also, tires, battery, spark plugs, spark plug wires, air filter, gas filter, replaced brakes, replace transmission fluid, coil wire and distributor cap / rotor. (Normal repair items)

Favorite Features

The oldest car with the most miles I have ever owned. The car costed $18k new and only $2K in lifetime repairs. Not bad for 11 years and 178K miles.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!!