Used 1996 Honda Accord LX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not Bad!
By Charles

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This car is FOREVER old and it's been really good. Of course, there are some things that have gone wrong seeing that it's been around since 1996. It needs a new muffler and the front windows are having issues getting up and down. Such are power windows, though, after close to 14 years! Something actually just went wrong the other day and I can't get it to turn over. Not sure what the problem is yet but it's been super STURDY and great up until now. Honda rules. Oh, and it has 180,000 miles. Not bad at all! I'm sure after I get the "starting" issue fixed it'll have much more life in it. She's given me faith!

Pretty convenient controls. Good handling. Still good pick up for being a 1996.

I'm at a loss.

No Complaints from me.
By Accordion

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Aside from routine maintenance, and an occasional free check up, (complements of the extended emissions warranty) this car has required less than any other car I have ever owned to continue doing its job. I love the ride, and the 5-speed keeps it fun. I hungrily admire many new cars each year, but return to the same reasoning: why spend $15-$50K on a new car when the one you are driving is perfect and virtually free by comparison. It seems almost un-American, but I'll keep my money for now.

The 5-Speed.

I regularly get 25+ mpg, but this day and age that number is a mark against the car. The rear mounted antenna doesn't play well with my GPS FM transmitter. You stopped making this model? Why? I suggest you remod and rock on - hybrid style...

Great Car!
By echri01

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This is an economical car! Very reliable. Costs for repairs is expensive; suspension and steering was damaged prior to purchasing, costing over $2,500 in repairs if not more. Over all a wonderful, money saving car.Will never get rid of it. It's my 3rd Honda!

Sunroof, cruise control, automatic, wagon!

Cd player, mine always has an error! No matter how many times I took it to the dealership for repairs...

I would buy another Honda
By cac20

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new 8 years ago and it has been virtually maintenence free until about 102,000 miles when it developed a major oil leak ( broken seal) but besides that it has only been routine maintenance and it now has 106k miles. It has served our family well!

styling, the exterior styling is very nice.

there is a bit of road noise, and if you take a sharp turn too fast it can be skittery, but it's not supposed to be a sports car anyway!

Worth a test drive
By shurt

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Being in sales, I'm very tough on autos and this one has lived up to the tests. Very reliable, comfortable and fun to drive, handles like a dream. I had the 5 speed manual transmission which is nice on back roads, and for immediate extra power, but annoying in the city. If you need something affordable, dependable, and extremely economical this is a great choice.

Handling Gas mileage Dependablity

Road noise is bit annoying at times get a good stereo for this one.

• SUV