1996 Honda Accord Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love Our Honda Wagon!
By Rick H. on 03/05/10 20:53 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I am the third owner of this very reliable, comfortable, highly functional family car with 265,000 miles on it, which I purchased five years ago for $4,000. I've used it for family vacations (placing a luggage compartment on the roof rack), commuting to work, hauling recycling, and just around town errands with our dog happily in the wagon area. The sunroof is awesome, the A/C great, the handling fine, the V-Tec sporty and the interior, very sexy. The only major repair I had was to replace the transmission two years ago, which cost only $800. (n.b.: purchased from a junk yard wreck). Minor issues are the slow moving front windows, rear fender rust and a broken antenna. We love our Honda!!!

My Honda
By sheila on 02/19/09 12:38 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I have no interest in replacing this car, which has served me well for years. It did require about $3-4000 in replacement parts at around 105,000. It was well worth the investment. I wish they were still on the market! Only disappointment is that it only got 22 mpg in the city, and about 23-25 highway.

Accord beats Passat
By Accord Wagoneer on 03/21/07 09:55 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

When my 2002 VW Passat wagon was diagnosed with over $3000 in repairs for bad components such as starter, wiring to accessories, suspension, etc. I sold it at a huge loss and found a ‘96 Accord Wagon with 79k miles on it. It is such a superior car in reliability and ease to service, there is little to compare. I have two 96 Accords now, they are amazingly reliable, and 11 years on these cars is nothing – they are lively, cheap to own, safe, and fun. I regularly get 25-30 mpg, they start in any weather, owners can service most components, and the web forums are very popular and informative. Pick one of these cars up, they are young at 150k, you can’t go wrong at the prices they go for now.

The "Mayesmobile": A Well-Built Wagon
By Marc Mayes on 01/09/06 20:58 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

A silver 1996 Honda Accord wagon has been in our family for so long, it has earned the loving nickname "The Mayesmobile". It has transported us through blizzards and hurricanes reliably and comfortably. For a decade, it has swallowed our hockey gear, musical instruments, friends and animals with ease. After all these years, it is still a peppy* drive, rattle-free over potholes, nimble in the corners and easy to parallel park. As the car has gotten older, we have had a few issues finding parts (struts at 90,000 miles) when we've needed them, but as of yet, no major repairs have been required outside of routine maintenance. It is easily the best car our family has ever owned.

Nearly perfect vehicle
By KC Doug on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon with 93,000 miles on it and have since put on another 35,000. Have had no problems, and it continues to be a dependable, versital, fun to drive vehicle. I have used it as a truck, kid bus, business car, and errand car, and it has taken everything I have thrown at it. Good mileage, good performance, solid structure (still no rattles!) and fun to drive. Hard to beat!

Man's best friend
By stillwatercove on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

NOT SEXY, but oh soooo dependable, functional, and comfortable to drive. The wagon has so much room. Easyily convertable to put 2 bikes in the back without removing wheels. Quiet on the highway and nimble in the city.