Used 1996 Honda Accord Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
No Complaints from me.
By Accordion

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Aside from routine maintenance, and an occasional free check up, (complements of the extended emissions warranty) this car has required less than any other car I have ever owned to continue doing its job. I love the ride, and the 5-speed keeps it fun. I hungrily admire many new cars each year, but return to the same reasoning: why spend $15-$50K on a new car when the one you are driving is perfect and virtually free by comparison. It seems almost un-American, but I'll keep my money for now.

Favorite Features

The 5-Speed.

Suggested Improvements

I regularly get 25+ mpg, but this day and age that number is a mark against the car. The rear mounted antenna doesn't play well with my GPS FM transmitter. You stopped making this model? Why? I suggest you remod and rock on - hybrid style...

Love Our Honda Wagon!
By Rick H.

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I am the third owner of this very reliable, comfortable, highly functional family car with 265,000 miles on it, which I purchased five years ago for $4,000. I've used it for family vacations (placing a luggage compartment on the roof rack), commuting to work, hauling recycling, and just around town errands with our dog happily in the wagon area. The sunroof is awesome, the A/C great, the handling fine, the V-Tec sporty and the interior, very sexy. The only major repair I had was to replace the transmission two years ago, which cost only $800. (n.b.: purchased from a junk yard wreck). Minor issues are the slow moving front windows, rear fender rust and a broken antenna. We love our Honda!!!

Favorite Features

Reliability and versatility.

Suggested Improvements

Slow moving front windows, rear fender rust and antenna issues.

Not Bad!
By Charles

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This car is FOREVER old and it's been really good. Of course, there are some things that have gone wrong seeing that it's been around since 1996. It needs a new muffler and the front windows are having issues getting up and down. Such are power windows, though, after close to 14 years! Something actually just went wrong the other day and I can't get it to turn over. Not sure what the problem is yet but it's been super STURDY and great up until now. Honda rules. Oh, and it has 180,000 miles. Not bad at all! I'm sure after I get the "starting" issue fixed it'll have much more life in it. She's given me faith!

Favorite Features

Pretty convenient controls. Good handling. Still good pick up for being a 1996.

Suggested Improvements

I'm at a loss.

Great Car!
By echri01

1996 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This is an economical car! Very reliable. Costs for repairs is expensive; suspension and steering was damaged prior to purchasing, costing over $2,500 in repairs if not more. Over all a wonderful, money saving car.Will never get rid of it. It's my 3rd Honda!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, cruise control, automatic, wagon!

Suggested Improvements

Cd player, mine always has an error! No matter how many times I took it to the dealership for repairs...

My Honda
By sheila

1996 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I have no interest in replacing this car, which has served me well for years. It did require about $3-4000 in replacement parts at around 105,000. It was well worth the investment. I wish they were still on the market! Only disappointment is that it only got 22 mpg in the city, and about 23-25 highway.

Favorite Features

Responsive handling