Used 1996 Honda Accord EX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BEST car I've ever had. (I've had a few)
By Joaquin Borromeo

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car will literally run forever with just minimal maintenance. Paid $3500 for my 96' Honda accord, now I'm graduating college I decided to sell it. I'm asking $3000 for it and I am confident that I can sell it for t his price. The car now has 166k miles on it but I am sure it can run all the way up to 300K plus plus miles.

Will run forever
By mwasilis

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is my second honda accord. My last accord was a '92 and sold it with 250k on it and nothing was wrong with it! My 96 honda I have put 100k on it in about 5 years and the thing will go another 150k no problem. This car is extremely reliable and would recommend it to anyone.

buyer beware of this year and the 97
By john

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1996 EX 4 cyl from a local dealer in MN with warranty in 1999. Had problems about two months later, the check engine light came on, took it back to the dealer and they replaced all they could, covered under the warranty, but the problem still was there. soon after the car started to fall apart, engine bogged, the Vtech failed, gears slipped, figured out later that it was the EGR(exhaust gas recirculation) sensor that made the check engine light come on. Honda made some bad vehicles, I only bought this Honda Accord because it looked sportier than a Toyota Camry and now I regret it.

looks and thats about it, Honda Vtech is nice if it works!? even though I bought this lemon of a Honda, it still held up better than my Chevorlet.

Honda Reliability
By JW

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 5 years so far, and it has been as reliable a car as I have ever owned. Repairs since 78k miles have included, new exhaust, timing belt and water pump, alternator, clutch master cylinder, several CV joints, horn malfunction, plus general maintenance. Overall this is typical for any car over a 70k mile span of time. The EX four cylinder has enough pep, but is not a performance engine. Manual transmission helps extract the most juice out of this powerplant. The interior is spartan but enjoyable. Instrument layout is intuitive and easy to use. Legroom in front is surprisingly good for tall people. I love this car. It isn't flashy, but it's reliable day in and day out.

Well designed, front-wheel drive in winter, vtec 4 cyl., pwr sunroof, pass thru backseat.

More power, too easy to break into.

200K & It Won't Quit
By kSLC

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Mechanically and with looks, this car is incredible. Over 200K and no oil leaks and looks like new. Doesn't burn oil, doesn't drip, doesn't show any sign of stopping any time soon. Worth twice what Detroit was putting out during that same time! I don't count myself as a Honda nut, but honestly, the engineering of this car is incredible. Planned obsolescence be damned. :)

Reliability, reliability, reliability. Gas mileage is also amazing. On long drives I can get over 30mpg easily!

Comfort is the only weak spot here. I'm 6'3" and it's tight. Also, the interior is too noisy in my opinion. Also, window locks should lock out others but not the driver’s panel - that's always been irritating to me. Also no FOB.