1996 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I just can't believe!
By drewish on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Well, I purchased this car a month ago after selling my truck (couldn't afford the gas) and have been pleasantly surprised. I bought it for 1200 dollars with 150k on the clock. I was hoping for the four door, but ended up with the coup. With a four year old in the car I was amazed by the roominess of the interior. Power Windows are a problem but parts, including aftermarket performance parts, are incredibly inexpensive. Watch the speedometer gauge as they are electronic and tend to break. Overall this car is excellent.

Blue's car:( ~~you were so good to me~~
By blueskeye on 11/14/06 17:42 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I just can't say enough about the Honda. From the day I bought it, until last week, Nov2nd,06,(265k mi) it was sooo good to me, fun to drive, got me back and forth comfortably to work, and back and forth on many trips to Florida:) and other places,dependably, safely...where is it now? at the collision shop, the rear bumper & trunk smashed in while I and GF were at a complete stop, the 2007 Audi SUV plowed into the back of it, at approx 35 mph, he didn't even brake! We were only minorly hurt (I hope, not all the test results are back yet), the unibody design, and the correct crumple zones did what they were supposed to do. the Adjuster considered it "A Total Loss"...I say it is NOT a total loss

175,000 miles and still kicking!
By Accord Guy on 12/01/04 09:21 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the 3rd owner in July of 2002. I purchased it for $2500 b/c the seller had put 144,500 miles on it and dealerships were only going to give her $2k for a trade in. I have done minimal work on this car and it has been very reliable. Routinely gets me 25+mpg. Long highway trips will net me 30 mpg. Great gas mileage.Just realized this car is still on original timing belt so that is getting replaced this week. 175,000 mils on original timing belt! wow!Wish the car had more power, but it gets the job done

Worthy to buy!
By a7edmundyoung on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for one year already, I never go to auto repairs since I bought this car unless oil changes. This car runs great even it's 85000 mileages, I believe it's a reliable type of car, and doesn't cause you much time and money on the maintainances. Think about it.

Not if you're looking for power
By dolphin girl on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This car is very pretty, and needs to be maintained on a regular basis. The body is way too heavy for the engine and you can feel it struggle. It has lots of trunk space for big speakers.Car people will love this car because it is a hands on car. The alignment, sparkplugs, brakes etc. need to be dealt with.

SO SO sad to say goodbye...
By Lori O on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a 25th b-day to myself new and yesterday we traded it in for a later model Accord. I didn't realize how great it was till it was time to say goodbye... I never had a problem with it, my only complaint was that I didn't think it was great in the rain (tended to hydroplane, maybe it was the manual transmission...) and felt the brakes weren't as powerful as they could've been. We were looking at other cars, but realized you can NEVER NEVER go wrong w/a Honda!!! The only day it didn't start was when it needed a new battery (74K miles)!!!

Great
By Seean on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Great car, fun to drive, awesome handling, and I got it for a great price.