1996 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Automobile
By mlstove on 12/11/10 11:22 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 28K miles in 2000 and still drive this car daily with now 228K!! In fact, the car went the past two years without anything but oil changes until it was time to replace the timing belt again. It is amazing the clutch hasn't needed replaced, nor has any other major item engine wise other than a starter over the years. CV joints went out at 180K, and the wheel bearings are getting close now. My wife drives and 07 sedan and my stock radio is a nicer system. I think the brakes on this car are better than the 07! And it survived a collision with a 6-point buck this year and all I needed was a headlight and a hood!

I just can't believe!
By drewish on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Well, I purchased this car a month ago after selling my truck (couldn't afford the gas) and have been pleasantly surprised. I bought it for 1200 dollars with 150k on the clock. I was hoping for the four door, but ended up with the coup. With a four year old in the car I was amazed by the roominess of the interior. Power Windows are a problem but parts, including aftermarket performance parts, are incredibly inexpensive. Watch the speedometer gauge as they are electronic and tend to break. Overall this car is excellent.

A worry-free car
By TJ on 09/03/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

When you get in your car, you should expect it to work. Also, with routine and preventative maintenance, you should expect NOTHING to go wrong with the car. My Honda has been running strong for 3 straight years. I changed out the plugs, hoses, added a new muffler and oxygen sensor and at 174,000 miles it is running perfectly. I will definitely buy another Honda when the time comes, but I plan to run mine into the ground.

Blue's car:( ~~you were so good to me~~
By blueskeye on 11/14/06 17:42 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I just can't say enough about the Honda. From the day I bought it, until last week, Nov2nd,06,(265k mi) it was sooo good to me, fun to drive, got me back and forth comfortably to work, and back and forth on many trips to Florida:) and other places,dependably, safely...where is it now? at the collision shop, the rear bumper & trunk smashed in while I and GF were at a complete stop, the 2007 Audi SUV plowed into the back of it, at approx 35 mph, he didn't even brake! We were only minorly hurt (I hope, not all the test results are back yet), the unibody design, and the correct crumple zones did what they were supposed to do. the Adjuster considered it "A Total Loss"...I say it is NOT a total loss

my Accord
By Bill on 09/11/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Great all around car. Good in snow. could use more power. Controls well laid out. Had problems with Ac, starter, fuel injectors.

Very good everyday driver
By The Commander on 05/28/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Well, Hondas are known to be reliable and this one is no different! I've owned it for past 5 years at 42,000 miles and other than AC problem and window problem, nothing major.

175,000 miles and still kicking!
By Accord Guy on 12/01/04 09:21 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the 3rd owner in July of 2002. I purchased it for $2500 b/c the seller had put 144,500 miles on it and dealerships were only going to give her $2k for a trade in. I have done minimal work on this car and it has been very reliable. Routinely gets me 25+mpg. Long highway trips will net me 30 mpg. Great gas mileage.Just realized this car is still on original timing belt so that is getting replaced this week. 175,000 mils on original timing belt! wow!Wish the car had more power, but it gets the job done

Excellent, fun car
By donoby on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Car is excellent for someone looking for clean handling and excellent reliability. while succeeding generation Handa Accord coupes are more stylish, this car still looks good after 8 years.

Noisy, weak initially
By Hitesh Parekh on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last month from a private owner. When started, the car makes a lot of noise (is it normal??) Runs quitely till you reach about 60mph. Drags initially but after about 30mph, runs very smoothly. High road/ wind noise. Excellent braking & manueverability at high speed. Leather seats are firm but doesnot provide a good lumbar support. Too early to comment about reliabilty. Overall, great peace of mind.

Worthy to buy!
By a7edmundyoung on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for one year already, I never go to auto repairs since I bought this car unless oil changes. This car runs great even it's 85000 mileages, I believe it's a reliable type of car, and doesn't cause you much time and money on the maintainances. Think about it.