Used 1996 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Automobile
By mlstove

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 28K miles in 2000 and still drive this car daily with now 228K!! In fact, the car went the past two years without anything but oil changes until it was time to replace the timing belt again. It is amazing the clutch hasn't needed replaced, nor has any other major item engine wise other than a starter over the years. CV joints went out at 180K, and the wheel bearings are getting close now. My wife drives and 07 sedan and my stock radio is a nicer system. I think the brakes on this car are better than the 07! And it survived a collision with a 6-point buck this year and all I needed was a headlight and a hood!

Favorite Features

Reliability Great Ride

Suggested Improvements

Exhausts - Never seem to last more than 3-4 years! Unequal corrosion. Why the passenger side shows signs of rust and not the drivers side is a mystery. The back quarter panels will rust before this car will ever stop running. Otherwise, if you're looking for a car to trick out or save money for reliable transportation, this model Accord is for you!

I just can't believe!
By drewish

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Well, I purchased this car a month ago after selling my truck (couldn't afford the gas) and have been pleasantly surprised. I bought it for 1200 dollars with 150k on the clock. I was hoping for the four door, but ended up with the coup. With a four year old in the car I was amazed by the roominess of the interior. Power Windows are a problem but parts, including aftermarket performance parts, are incredibly inexpensive. Watch the speedometer gauge as they are electronic and tend to break. Overall this car is excellent.

Favorite Features

manual trans is a must. drilled and slotted rotors for 25 dollars. 40 horse increase for under 300 dollars. functional and easy to reach controls. comfortable seats. and acura interior is almost direct bolt on

Suggested Improvements

inner door panels are a little cheap, power window motors and gauges tend to fail.

A worry-free car
By TJ

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

When you get in your car, you should expect it to work. Also, with routine and preventative maintenance, you should expect NOTHING to go wrong with the car. My Honda has been running strong for 3 straight years. I changed out the plugs, hoses, added a new muffler and oxygen sensor and at 174,000 miles it is running perfectly. I will definitely buy another Honda when the time comes, but I plan to run mine into the ground.

Favorite Features

Moon roof is flawless after 12 years

Suggested Improvements

Make carjackers not want to steal them (only slightly kidding)

Blue's car:( ~~you were so good to me~~
By blueskeye

1996 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I just can't say enough about the Honda. From the day I bought it, until last week, Nov2nd,06,(265k mi) it was sooo good to me, fun to drive, got me back and forth comfortably to work, and back and forth on many trips to Florida:) and other places,dependably, safely...where is it now? at the collision shop, the rear bumper & trunk smashed in while I and GF were at a complete stop, the 2007 Audi SUV plowed into the back of it, at approx 35 mph, he didn't even brake! We were only minorly hurt (I hope, not all the test results are back yet), the unibody design, and the correct crumple zones did what they were supposed to do. the Adjuster considered it "A Total Loss"...I say it is NOT a total loss

Favorite Features

the design

Suggested Improvements

I had planned on having the car for at least another 100k miles. maybe, different colors..lol..

my Accord
By Bill

1996 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Great all around car. Good in snow. could use more power. Controls well laid out. Had problems with Ac, starter, fuel injectors.

Favorite Features

manual transmission, 6 disc cd changer

Suggested Improvements

Stronger springs for trunk lid.