1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1996 Honda Accord
By zto101 on 05/18/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

My parents got this for me from my great aunt who wasn't using the car anymore. The paint was in beaten up condition, but the car itself drives great! Minor maintenance issues, I just have to change the oil every once in awhile. I recently got a paint job from black to white and it looks just like new. It's one of those cars that has versatility. I've driven to a lot of places with it, LA, Riverside, etc. and it only takes about 1/4 of the gas tank if I'm going on a 2 hour long drive both ways. Decent speed as well, not too fast and not too slow. It gets me to where I need to go, and definitely gets the job done. I could care less if it's not fancy. And no, it's not riced up. Great car!

When will it stop?
By Skivs on 01/01/10 15:11 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this Honda used three years ago from a traveling salesman with 250,000 miles on the clock for a shade under $3,000 and all I have to say is I will own a Honda for the rest of my life! I now have @305,000 mi. on it now and it still runs better than some new cars. Its quick, handles excellently, and keeps going , and going etc. So far just gas and oil and new pads and rotors,(Note to the do it yourselfer, front rotor removal requires expensive specialty tool or complete disassemble of front suspension, bring your patience and band-aids)and an alternator. This thing is just bulletproof. I also drive a newer Chevy Silverado which pales in comparison in reliability. Long live Honda!!!

My Honda
By Fl Boi on 04/17/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda out of someone's yard for $3k and its the best $3k that I've spent. I've driven it everywhere. I like the get-up-and-go, however I do wish it had at least 30 more horses, and the front seats could be a little softer. Overall I can't complain I plan on having my Honda in my fleet for the foreseeable future.

1996 Honda EX six cylinder
By KenStewart on 10/11/06 09:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Gas mileage is good, about 27 mpg at speeds up to 70 mph. Gas mileage declines above 70mph. ~21 mpg climbing Rocky Mtns @80 mph. Gas mileage is 24-26 mpg in city traffic. Handles well on dry road, wet road, and snow covered roads. I've driven it through Needles California when the outdoor temperature was 120 degrees F with no problems -- air conditioner functioned well and engine coolant temperature remained normal. Interior is comfortable with four adults. Ride quality is good with 1 to 4 people. Fill the car with 4 people and the trunk with luggage then the car feels heavy.

The Best
By Mr Frank on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

There is no reason to buy any other car the Accord works great, last forever and is fun to drive

Reliable Jewel
By felix mark down on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

My third accord, still as reliable as ever, still as well designed as ever. Only things that ever failed were normal wear items: tires, battery. Nevery worry when you have one of these.