1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Automobile
By mlstove on 12/11/10 11:22 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 28K miles in 2000 and still drive this car daily with now 228K!! In fact, the car went the past two years without anything but oil changes until it was time to replace the timing belt again. It is amazing the clutch hasn't needed replaced, nor has any other major item engine wise other than a starter over the years. CV joints went out at 180K, and the wheel bearings are getting close now. My wife drives and 07 sedan and my stock radio is a nicer system. I think the brakes on this car are better than the 07! And it survived a collision with a 6-point buck this year and all I needed was a headlight and a hood!

A worry-free car
By TJ on 09/03/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

When you get in your car, you should expect it to work. Also, with routine and preventative maintenance, you should expect NOTHING to go wrong with the car. My Honda has been running strong for 3 straight years. I changed out the plugs, hoses, added a new muffler and oxygen sensor and at 174,000 miles it is running perfectly. I will definitely buy another Honda when the time comes, but I plan to run mine into the ground.

my Accord
By Bill on 09/11/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Great all around car. Good in snow. could use more power. Controls well laid out. Had problems with Ac, starter, fuel injectors.

Very good everyday driver
By The Commander on 05/28/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Well, Hondas are known to be reliable and this one is no different! I've owned it for past 5 years at 42,000 miles and other than AC problem and window problem, nothing major.

Excellent, fun car
By donoby on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Car is excellent for someone looking for clean handling and excellent reliability. while succeeding generation Handa Accord coupes are more stylish, this car still looks good after 8 years.

Noisy, weak initially
By Hitesh Parekh on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last month from a private owner. When started, the car makes a lot of noise (is it normal??) Runs quitely till you reach about 60mph. Drags initially but after about 30mph, runs very smoothly. High road/ wind noise. Excellent braking & manueverability at high speed. Leather seats are firm but doesnot provide a good lumbar support. Too early to comment about reliabilty. Overall, great peace of mind.

Bring Back the Fun with a 5 Speed
By Reverand on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Was looking for an affordable fun to drive manual shift after selling my SUV. This is a wonderful car. I needed to do some maintence (90,000 service and tune up, new tires) but it runs like a dream. Seems like it has a lot of miles left.

Rated: A+ Experience: First Hand
By Skibunie on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Jester, my Honda, has about 140,000 mi. The driver is #1, itís fun to drive, with a wide but tight suspension; the 5 speed transmission is powerful; a comfortable bucket seat (power); there are 99.9% non-blindspots with huge windows all the way around; the sound system is good, but the CD player is better; the trunk is unbelievably large (width and depth!).

I like it
By john wood on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I will drive this car into the ground. It runs perfectly and I will give it the proper maintence, both body and engine, to make sure it stays that way. Looking to get 400k miles out of her.

SOLID, RELIABLE W/STYLE
By HUGH on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

My car has 120,000 miles on it. I have had routine maintenance, changed the timing belt and had 1 tune-up. I use all honda parts. I run w/synthetic oil, but I plan on owning this for another 120,000 miles. This car runs great, smooth, quiet, reliable and peppy. I'll go honda again.