1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
best car I have owned
By arner on 08/21/13 17:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I have 427,000 miles on the Accord and have not had any major problems. I change oil at 7000 miles and use whatever I can find on sale. This car is a keeper.

Will not die
By adasil2 on 05/10/13 09:34 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord (LX, 4 cylinder, automatic) upon graduating high school in 2004. It had 113,000 or so miles at that time, and it's been my only car until now (2013), and now sits at 247,000 miles. I have driven it all over the country, and cannot believe it's still in such great condition. Minor repairs, a new paint job in 2009, and that's it. I have never heard of another car this reliable, and I would highly recommend it if you can find one to purchase!

Amazing First Car! 100% Recommended!
By freestylin on 03/25/13 20:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I got this car in December 2012 and ever since have been extremely happy with it. In terms of reliability, nobody can beat Honda. I have had no problems with this car, and that's pretty amazing considering the car is as old as me. I am definitely going to be a loyal Honda buyer from now on. As soon as this car dies, I will simply buy another one. I recommend this car to anyone who needs reliable and economical transportation at a good price. Btw, mine has 170,000 kilometres on it (something like 105,000 miles) on the 2.2L engine and no rust on the outer body.

Has its troubles
By Dp on 12/03/09 19:25 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Bought with bad rotors, breaks, bad front tires and cracked radiator, 600$ out the door to begin with. Fixed it all up and its been some what reliable. A year later, had to have the head gasket resurfaced. Mechanic said that the 96+ years have a problem with the head gasket. That cost me another 1200, recently, the car has been chugging the radiator fluid, but the lines/hoses are new and radiator is sealed up tight. Still unresolved problems with loss of radiator fluid. Ill top her off and when I park it after a drive, it will overflow or dump about 1/3 of the fluid on the street and it only happens the one time I top it off. Wish I got a Tacoma. I prob got one of a few lemon accords.

Nothing But Problems
By Kristie on 04/13/07 15:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on 3/7/07, with 111,777 miles on it. The carfax report indicated that this was a one-owner car. At 111,972 miles I needed to have the following parts put on the car: front brake pads, rotors and wheel bearings $458.00, rear disc brake pads and rotors $139.40, left front CV shaft assembly $161.90, replacement of complete exhaust from catalytic converter back $398.54. As of today, 4/13/07, the alternator went out, add another $376.00 for the part (if you want one with a reasonable/and/or lifetime warranty). Also, I guess some type of pump has gone out because the windshield washer fluid doesn't work. Worst car I've ever owned.

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary
By Torch on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This has been a the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. You get bored with the car before it wears out!!! (I just bought a ford truck) I have been thru 4 sets of tires and a couple complete brake jobs..I think this is due to the weight all in the front of the car and fortunately my husband is a mechanice!!At 122000 miles I am noticing a hesitation in the transmission shifting from 2nd to 3rd in the cold weather until the car warms up. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Always stick with a Honda!
By R. W. on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Recieved this car recently as my first car, and have had this car in my family for years, and I love it! You can never go wrong with a Honda! Performance is still up-to-par with most modern cars. Take my advice, BUY A HONDA!!

I love my Honda Accord!
By Flyn_Bryan on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Very pleased with the car overall. Thumbs up!

96 Honda Accord
By BIG DAWG on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Great car bought it in 96' never had a problem .Great gas milage , lots of room .Wish i did not sell it .Never can go wrong with a Honda !