Used 1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

For the Boy
By Regina Wilson

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This was the best used car I ever purchased! I helped my son buy this car for himself after he graduated from high school in 2011. Everybody in the family drove the car to and fro before he even started to drive it, and we had a ball! This car was great on gas. My son and husband even put a new radio in the car with help from YouTube. That made a big difference in the sound quality. The only thing he didn't like about the car that this was an anniversary edition, and the windows were manual (exercise for those biceps).

In October 2014, my son was cut off by another driver and hit someone. The car was totaled with 176,000. I wish that we still had that car the way gas prices are.

I would recommend this car to new drivers and folks who do not drive a lot. It is worth it. You can get your maintenance done at a neighborhood shop or DIY.

Many many miles 325K
By jdwebb

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought car8 years ago for daughter to have basic transportation in Chicago. She did not have place to park it so I started driving it. Bought for $200 with 218K in almost perfect running condition. Drove it to 325K with regular maintenance. Only oddity was the computer died. Had it rebuilt for $400 and drove it on. Sold it to high school student who is still driving it and still looks good. Other cars I have are Lexus, but if they go half the distance they will be considered a good car. Acccords of that era with under 200k are probably a great second car

best car I have owned
By arner

I have 427,000 miles on the Accord and have
not had any major problems. I change oil at
7000 miles and use whatever I can find on sale.
This car is a keeper.

The cruise control is not sensitive enough to keep the car from speeding up after cresting a hill. Usually gains 3 or 4 mph before backing off. Other Hondas I have had did the same. Engine light comes on, and when checked, nothing is wrong and light does not come on again for 6 months

Will not die
By adasil2

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord (LX, 4 cylinder, automatic) upon graduating high school in 2004. It had 113,000 or so miles at that time, and it's been my only car until now (2013), and now sits at 247,000 miles. I have driven it all over the country, and cannot believe it's still in such great condition. Minor repairs, a new paint job in 2009, and that's it. I have never heard of another car this reliable, and I would highly recommend it if you can find one to purchase!

Amazing First Car! 100% Recommended!
By freestylin

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I got this car in December 2012 and ever since have been extremely happy with it. In terms of reliability, nobody can beat Honda. I have had no problems with this car, and that's pretty amazing considering the car is as old as me. I am definitely going to be a loyal Honda buyer from now on. As soon as this car dies, I will simply buy another one. I recommend this car to anyone who needs reliable and economical transportation at a good price. Btw, mine has 170,000 kilometres on it (something like 105,000 miles) on the 2.2L engine and no rust on the outer body.

Fuel efficiency. I can get 500 kilometres out of a tank from just city driving. That's pretty impressive considering it has such a small gas tank. I actually really like the exterior styling of the car, to me it looks newer than a 1996. I have also grown to love the burgundy paint colour.

Nothing. There is absolutely nothing I can think of that would improve this car beyond it's already stellar performance. The engineers at Honda really hit a home-run with this car.