1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Fun Car - Buy Accord not Camry
By ernie_8000 on 11/05/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

1996 Accord LX (no VTEC) with over 235,000 miles. The car has been to Lake Tahoe, to LA and long distance trips (over 300 miles). car still runs really well (except engine is a bit louder than it was when new - which is understandable). Great chassis, ample seating for 5 (cars nowadays are too large). When driving highways, gets around 32 mpg. When primarily city, gets around 23 mpg.

Best work car I have ever owned
By spenc618 on 04/02/11 18:59 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my mint condition 1996 Honda Accord that was traded in at a dealership in 2005. I have replaced the brakes, a brake line (63 dollars installed), starter (25 buck that i installed) and clutch actuator (13 bucks) over the past 6 years. All repairs were less than 400 bucks total. I only wish the power window motors were faster. Mine is stock but minor tuner stuff can easily make it faster if your into that stuff. If you find one with a good body and interior.. buy it.. fixing it will be cheap! $2000 for a 210 hp Japanese Spec Engine. 100 hp over US spec stock.

Most reliable car
By forbidmourning on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for about 2 and a half years, it is now at just over 240,000 miles. I have taken it on a 22 hour drive back and forth from MI to TX a couple of times, and it still runs like it is brand new. I have never had any kind of issues with it at all. This is the most reliable car I've ever owned and I love it! Gas mileage is fantastic too. Would highly recommend this car to anyone!

I will only ever buy Hondas
By Festis on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car is fantastic. I bought it with 100,000 miles on it and have not had one problem at all. It starts up every time, always purrs like a kitten, accelerates quickly, and is incredibly mechanically sound. Handles great in the snow, and responds quickly to steering. Its accessories are kinda on the sketchy side, but all the doors lock and all the Windows work. All in all, a great little reliable car that's perfect for what I need. Not to mention its awesome gas mileage 14 years later. I will forever own hondas because of this car. The Japanese know what's up.

Keeps Chugging
By Abbey on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 years. I finally had to have some major repairs done, to the tune of $2,500, but it has 246,000 miles. It is a reliable workhorse of a car. I would recommend buying this car, even with 200,000+ miles on it.

Lives up to her name-Grace
By fajenkins on 01/03/10 06:23 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

When i test drove the car, I loved the pick up and go. because of her age, I'm having the original parts give out, but i have an awesome mechanical team that will give me a fair deal and fix her/maintain her one time and well. (she's 13 years old). My mom states in two years I should retire my car and get a newer one,if I have the money then, I will if not, I'll keep this one going until she can't go anymore.

My First Car
By Robetross on 10/19/09 19:57 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My 1996 Honda was my first car and still is my one and only car. My parents bought it new in 1996 and gave it to me when I graduated college and started living on my own. It is a very reliable car and if you follow the maintenance schedule and spend the money to maintain it, it will last a long time. I will be hitting 185,000 miles soon and will never sell or trade this car in....too much sentimental value and besides, it's just a great commuter car. Gas mileage is above average and it being my only car, I know it will still start every day, despite its age.

Honda Accord Reveiw
By Mohammad Ali on 04/27/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My dad got this car in 1996 and this car has really proven itself. It is truly amazing and we have over 130,000 miles on it but it still runs like a dream. And it also keep it's retail value! This car is truly amazing!

Solid car, check the brakes!!
By Gregg on 11/15/07 09:12 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

These cars are all they are cracked up to be. Starts everytime. Change the oil and the engine will run 300,000+ miles. Do not be fooled into thinking you won't spend a dime on maintenence! Things do break like every other car. CV shafts, ball joints, brake rotors, etc. Which by the way, before buying this car (94-97 Accords) get the front rotors checked!! If they are bad (pulsation in the steering wheel) knock $400 right off the price of the car. Or ask that they be replaced before purchasing!

Love It
By LR on 11/13/07 21:18 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, and have had it for 11 years and 147000 miles. We've never had a day of trouble. It's required just basic maintenance. It still drives great and I don't worry about commuting in it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »