Used 1996 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

ol betsy will get you there
By aaevans

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

door bolts not real sturdy

I Miss Her
By Donna

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my '96 brand new and never regretted it. In over 145K miles, only needed to replace alternator and plug wires. This car never failed to start, the fit and finish was excellent, and it was a solid, well built car. Some idiot decided to steal it, so I no longer have one, but I just wanted to let everyone know what a great car they are. Have not done the research, but I hope that the new ones have kept all the quality features of my '96.

Quality materials, fit and finish, and reliability, especially in Colorado rain and snow.

My only regret was the fact that it was rather a "plain vanilla" sort of car. Too many silver ones...I was always trying to get into someone else's in the parking lot!...Honda needs to revamp their car designs! New ones still look the same! Otherwise, no complaints at all.

1996 Honda Accord DX Sedan
By Duane

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it has been the model of reliability. I bought it because my last car, a 1990 Oldsmobile Calais 442, was on its 3rd head gasket and multiple oil leaks after only 80K miles and wanted a car that would stay out of the shop. My Accord has not been in the shop except for maintenance items to be replaced. It is very roomy in the front, ok in the back and overall comfortable on long trips to drive of which I have taken it on many. The performance is acceptable for what it is. I like high performance cars and I would have bought the VTEC or V6 if I had the money at the time but it was not to be. However, it has competent acceleration and handling for a DX family car.

Reliability, interior room, exterior design

Better quality plastics in the interior

The "find" of the year!
By #4sGirl

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 32k miles on it from a man whose late wife quite literally only drove it to church, the grocery store and Wal-Mart. It's in fabulous condition for being 9 years old. The only trouble I've had from it are some occasional noises I'm not used to - I've never had a 4c before. I'm loving the low-mileage (I sold my '99 Pathfinder w/ 93k mi to get this car) and the high gas mileage... I plan to drive it for many years to come.

Caveat Emptor, Nice People
By Foster

My experience with the 1996 Accord
could have been worse. It is quite well-
made; the seats are comfortable; and
the controls are well-placed. Rear
visibility is fairly bad, however, and
exhaust system problems have plagued
the car since my purchase. Acceleration
with the base SOHC engine is acceptable
for normal driving, but highway merges
on short onramps are unpleasant. Again,
though, the car could be much worse.

-Excellent build quality -Smooth transmission -Decent-sized trunk

-Lower the tail about 4 inches -Put on some 18-inch rims -Drop in a small turbo to aid acceleration