1996 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1996 Honda Accord
By zto101 on 05/18/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

My parents got this for me from my great aunt who wasn't using the car anymore. The paint was in beaten up condition, but the car itself drives great! Minor maintenance issues, I just have to change the oil every once in awhile. I recently got a paint job from black to white and it looks just like new. It's one of those cars that has versatility. I've driven to a lot of places with it, LA, Riverside, etc. and it only takes about 1/4 of the gas tank if I'm going on a 2 hour long drive both ways. Decent speed as well, not too fast and not too slow. It gets me to where I need to go, and definitely gets the job done. I could care less if it's not fancy. And no, it's not riced up. Great car!

best car I have owned
By arner on 08/21/13 17:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I have 427,000 miles on the Accord and have not had any major problems. I change oil at 7000 miles and use whatever I can find on sale. This car is a keeper.

Will not die
By adasil2 on 05/10/13 09:34 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord (LX, 4 cylinder, automatic) upon graduating high school in 2004. It had 113,000 or so miles at that time, and it's been my only car until now (2013), and now sits at 247,000 miles. I have driven it all over the country, and cannot believe it's still in such great condition. Minor repairs, a new paint job in 2009, and that's it. I have never heard of another car this reliable, and I would highly recommend it if you can find one to purchase!

Amazing First Car! 100% Recommended!
By freestylin on 03/25/13 20:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I got this car in December 2012 and ever since have been extremely happy with it. In terms of reliability, nobody can beat Honda. I have had no problems with this car, and that's pretty amazing considering the car is as old as me. I am definitely going to be a loyal Honda buyer from now on. As soon as this car dies, I will simply buy another one. I recommend this car to anyone who needs reliable and economical transportation at a good price. Btw, mine has 170,000 kilometres on it (something like 105,000 miles) on the 2.2L engine and no rust on the outer body.

Fun Car - Buy Accord not Camry
By ernie_8000 on 11/05/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

1996 Accord LX (no VTEC) with over 235,000 miles. The car has been to Lake Tahoe, to LA and long distance trips (over 300 miles). car still runs really well (except engine is a bit louder than it was when new - which is understandable). Great chassis, ample seating for 5 (cars nowadays are too large). When driving highways, gets around 32 mpg. When primarily city, gets around 23 mpg.

Original Owner
By cheeseybrie on 07/05/11 09:27 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Grandpa bought this car off the lot, and did all routine maintainence at home. Lived at 8,000ft and saw winters of below 0F. Lives with me in summer heat of 120F+ and with 208k miles on it now, still doing all maintaining at home shop. The only problem is a failed transmission just two weeks ago. Such a great car, super reliable, has been across the country and back and on many long road trips, up mountain roads, through the woods, through rivers (literally). treated this car like a truck. NEVER broke down for any reason until now, and worth the money to rebuild the tranny. Would recommend this car to anyone. Just treat her right and she'll do the same

Best work car I have ever owned
By spenc618 on 04/02/11 18:59 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my mint condition 1996 Honda Accord that was traded in at a dealership in 2005. I have replaced the brakes, a brake line (63 dollars installed), starter (25 buck that i installed) and clutch actuator (13 bucks) over the past 6 years. All repairs were less than 400 bucks total. I only wish the power window motors were faster. Mine is stock but minor tuner stuff can easily make it faster if your into that stuff. If you find one with a good body and interior.. buy it.. fixing it will be cheap! $2000 for a 210 hp Japanese Spec Engine. 100 hp over US spec stock.

Great Automobile
By mlstove on 12/11/10 11:22 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 28K miles in 2000 and still drive this car daily with now 228K!! In fact, the car went the past two years without anything but oil changes until it was time to replace the timing belt again. It is amazing the clutch hasn't needed replaced, nor has any other major item engine wise other than a starter over the years. CV joints went out at 180K, and the wheel bearings are getting close now. My wife drives and 07 sedan and my stock radio is a nicer system. I think the brakes on this car are better than the 07! And it survived a collision with a 6-point buck this year and all I needed was a headlight and a hood!

I just can't believe!
By drewish on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Well, I purchased this car a month ago after selling my truck (couldn't afford the gas) and have been pleasantly surprised. I bought it for 1200 dollars with 150k on the clock. I was hoping for the four door, but ended up with the coup. With a four year old in the car I was amazed by the roominess of the interior. Power Windows are a problem but parts, including aftermarket performance parts, are incredibly inexpensive. Watch the speedometer gauge as they are electronic and tend to break. Overall this car is excellent.

Most reliable car
By forbidmourning on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for about 2 and a half years, it is now at just over 240,000 miles. I have taken it on a 22 hour drive back and forth from MI to TX a couple of times, and it still runs like it is brand new. I have never had any kind of issues with it at all. This is the most reliable car I've ever owned and I love it! Gas mileage is fantastic too. Would highly recommend this car to anyone!