1995 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Totalled @ 270,000

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Totalled @ 270,000
By Vermontdog on

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought from a salesman I knew and it turned 200k on the way home. That was 8 years ago. Last week I was able to avoid a head on collision with a geriatric on a cell phone thanks to the quick handling on the car. Rugged build and my passenger, a body shop manager, said we were lucky to be in this car compared to most others. The car is a total loss but we walked away. TY HONDA. The car is 15 years old and I will get a respectable check from the insurance company too thanks to Honda quality. Typical problems with the car that other writers have shared but overall a super value.

This EX was a 5 speed VTEC which is not a common set up. Fuel economy ranged from 32 in winter hilly driving and almost 40 once on a Florida trip. Average was 35. Great fit and finish and did I mention it was still on the original clutch. Smooth shifting and good power. Superb handling.

Captured front rotors are a pain and frequent brake repair. SRS light came on at 220k miles. EGR valve bypass at 240k. Weak power window motors. Instrument cluster bad (fuel gauge, speedo and odometer worked intermittently). The good definitely outweighs the bad with this car.