Closing in on a quarter million
By Dwight Devil on
1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe
When I bought the car in 07, you could have almost convinced me it was brand new. It had 220k on it at the time, and still ran like a champ. Even the cigarette lighter still works. Parts have been cheap. Replaced both CV axles for 100, one ball joint (that I screwed up by jumping a curb) for 20, both sway bar links for 10, washer pump for 15, and both washer fluid jets for 13 (from the DEALER, no less). VERY easy to work on. Some of my clutch fluid mysteriously disappears overnight about once a month, but I top it off and it stays full until some night the following month. Drove 860 (36mpg) miles and ONLY stopped one time (gas), yet wasn't even remotely sore when the trip was over.
Favorite Features
It starts first try every time. No engine problems as of yet. At 240k miles I'm still averaging 27mpg city. Headlights are easier to replace because of flexible neck on washer fluid pump and easily removed (just pull it out) battery vent. Lots of trunk space. Still gets to point B without worry
Suggested Improvements
Wandering idle on rare occasions, presumably due to a vacuum leak that I'm never going to look for. Interior fogs up even when I'm not breathing if I don't leave defogger on all winter. Brake rotors are held on by six bolts that strip WAY too easily for as unnecessary as they seem to be.