Not all it's cracked up to be.
By John on
1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan
I have had this Accord for a while now, and I'm really not that impressed. The trans is really jerky, and Honda says it's a "normal condition". My previous mid-size car was a '93 Taurus and it was a lot smoother and felt more powerful. A lot more roomy as well. The fold down rear seats are a good idea but there is limited pass-through room compared with other cars I've had with this feature ('99 Saturn in particular). The CV axles were new when I bought it, and they're going out again. Minor things quit working on this car long before they did on the Taurus (the Taurus was sold with 300,000 miles, this car has less than 200K), such as the rear defogger, all interior lights, etc.
Favorite Features
People think its worth a lot more than it is. Come to think of it, maybe that's not such a great thing. Contrary to other reviewers, I find the A/C just fine, but I did have to have it repaired when I bought the car.
Suggested Improvements
Smoother tranny, smoother ride, and for the lack of power, the MPG should be a lot better (gets about the same as my old V6 Taurus). Doesn't handle as well as the course ride and heavy steering would suggest. Standard radio and speakers are horrible. P/W are slow sometimes, sometimes they don't work.