1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1995 Accord LX 4-door sedan
By Zizzy on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

A creampuff. An inauspicious car but it has held up very well through 8 midwest winters. Very low mileage, no repairs of any significance. Will buy another.

Best all around car ever!
By David Kim on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off of my mom (over a period of 4 years!) and have driven it for 5 years now. There are a very few flaws, but so many more positive things to say about this car. I have had no major or even minor problems with this car. I just do the basic maintenance by changing the oil, spark plugs, other fluids, etc and I have yet to take it to the shop for a problem! The only thing I wish for is more power, but I was stuck with the 135hp from the LX. The EX has 145, and V6 has 160 I believe.

Average car
By shunnyKhan on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Its a decent car. I read one review which states that A/C doen't work real good. I had a similar problem with my car. The dealer changed the compressor but no improvement. Finnaly it was found that the A/C Heat switch does not work properly and I just wasted money on changing compressor. In last two years, I changed cv boots and brakes besides A/C work. Its engine is not powerful but just adequate. Roomy inside. Not real great handling.

An Average Car
By TKhan on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have an EX Model with 130,000 mile. It does not have good acceleration power. Lot of wind noise, and noisy engine. It has weak handling in curves on high speed. Repair costs are very high. Reliable but not very comfortable. I would rate it as an average car. One review mentioned that with a full tank it can cover 500 miles, mine just do 400 miles (highway) at around 26 miles/gal (My car is dealer maintened and regulary serviced) You can buy a newer American Car for the same price of a 1995 Accord.

No regrets
By rodgerm on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Dependable and economical are an understatemet! Over 7 years and 135,000 miles, not once have I regreted buying this car. It's been used for local driving, coast to coast trips and towed behind a motorhome for about 35,000 miles and still tight and it runs, drives like the day I bought it new. The only times it's been in the shop is for routine Honda maintenance items. Parts replaced to date are: tires, battery (last year) wiper blades and one warped brake rotor (under warranty). I plan to keep it for a long time yet. When it's replaced, it will most likely be with another Honda product.

Ah, the places we've been
By Biker Girl on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

You can't beat this car's reliability. 112,000 miles with only minimal repairs. It's the car we choose for a four-adult road trip. Lots of space in the hatch (we brought home a 32 inch TV in it). The interior and exterior are wearing well. I'd consider another one if Honda still made them.

Good functional car
By TN Boy on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

The care is good overall. The car is very functional. It runs & is fairly reliable (especially versus my previous car an Oldsmobile) Problems experienced thus far: 1. Engine gasket seal blew out before the issue was recalled by Honda (at about 50K miles) 2. Driver power window regulator broke (at 115K miles) 3. Oil pan began to leak due to another weak gasket (116K miles) 4. Radio goes in & out, dealer can't figure out why (112K miles) Over all satisfied with the car, held up well despite a lot of miles & years on the car

Best Car Period
By CA Hondadude on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned several makes and models of different classes(American, Japanese, German)and this car is the best value for your money. You get a pleasurable driving experience, adequate luxury without getting the gadgety garbage you never use on other makes, and most important a car that simpley won't break down.

Best Long-term Car
By Jonny on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

If you want a long-lasting, no hassle car, can't beat the Accord. Mine has 145,000 and has never had a problem. Both the interior and exterior still look good after all the years. Decent power and 30+ mpg with regular unleaded beats most cars made today, great for one 7 years old. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a good used car. For reference, I sold my old 1992 Accord with 185,000 miles and it never had a problem either.

1995 Honda Accord LX history
By ROF on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

72000 miles--4 cyl,20-24 mpg city up to 36 mpg on long trip,timing belt replqced at 60,000 miles car looks and drives like new! Wife wants auto shift ! Experience with car overal? EXCELLENT