Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

A Great First Car
By accord745

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

No mechanical problems at all since I purchased the car. Adding a few after market accessories, like new lights and wheels, make it look at home beside some current cars; and a few engine tweaks make it run with them too. When I purchased the car 5 years ago, I compared it to Grand Ams, Civics, Corollas, Sentras, Cavaliers, Sunfires, etc and none of those cars could match the overall package of the Accord. The Accord offered the best combination of practicality (seats 5 passengers comfortably), fuel economy (28mpg), style, and fun-to-drive. Clearly, it's the next best thing to buying a brand new Accord, and a great value for anyone looking to buy a first car.

(1) Even though it's over 10 years old, it still runs better than some brand new cars. (2) There are loads of after market parts available for those who like customizing their cars. (3) Great fuel economy.

Could use a set of cup holders for the rear passengers.

Can't say enough
By sdrawkcab

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Absolutely stellar. I beat up this car, throwing everything I could at it with minimal maintenence and she took it like a champ. Most solid road feel of any car I've ever driven along with an engine that just purrs after every oil change. Enough cargo space to rival most pickups, with 25+ mpg to boot. I could squeeze 30 mpg on long roadtrips. Perfect for a nomadic college kid. The bad: Apparently an 11 year old, beat up, tan station wagon approaching 200k is too tempting of a target for car theives. So goodbye, wagon.

Cargo space, suspension, visibility, and overall tolerance of extreme abuse.

Lacks low end power.

Best Decision
By Mcscotch

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I could not have purchased a better car. This was my first adult car purchase, and I debated buying a more powerful or stylish car, but I couldn't be happier. The 5 speed manual is good for 30-35 mpg highway, and the forgiving gear ratio makes acceleration easy. I have put 40000 miles on it, and needed a new clutch (due to an uphill parallel parking spot), new tires, and that's it. When I have the means to buy a new car, I plan to give this one to a family member, because it seems like a waste to sell it when it will run as long as virtually anything on the road.

Fastastic overall design, still has a solid ride, strong engine, like when I bought it.

The paint flakes easily on the bumpers, street parking in LA exacerbates this.

Not as sturdy
By nancyg

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I had very high expectations of this car and, unfortunately, the car fell short. Although the car was in a garage during the winter, the body started to rust at both back fenders after about 5 years. This car also had more mechanical problems than I expected, especially given the low mileage. Among the most surprising problem was a total blow out of the radiator and cooling system. It seeemed that, once the car hit about 75,000 miles, everytime I would take it in for routine maintanence, it would need close to $1000 of work. Most people I know say they run their Hondas to about 250,000 miles and that is what I expected from this one. I am disappointed.

Handling

Body that is much more rust resistant. Better site lines for a short driver, or a seat that adjusts in height.

All hail the might Honda Accord!
By JSM

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 90k miles. To make a long story short this car NEVER let me down! I drove this car everywhere and it does not flinch. I got a little enthusiastic on an onramp curve, and the car recovered easily. Much more comfortable ride than a Civic in the same era. I now have 180K miles on it and I hear no knocking, rattling, nor do I smell any gas or oil burning [knocks on wood]. Safe to say that I will keep this car till it stops running. That will be quite a long wait.

Body styling is low and wide. Comfortable ride (especially when loaded with people). Decent gas milleage. Even the Auto Tranny is fun to put in 1st gear and shift up.

Of course....More power!!! I've driven the V6 version of my car and it so much faster!!