Used 1995 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best purchase I've ever made
By Eric Scott

1995 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 11 years and have changed the oil/tires/muffler. The only other thing that has gone wrong is a starter went after 10 years. It's been paid off for 7 years and I plan to keep it for another 5 years. You can't buy a better car than an accord.

Reliability/comfort/fuel economy/power

Loud on the highway/soundproof it

The Ever Dependable Accord
By Eapen K.

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have used this car for 3 Years now. It has never left me stranded (Touch Wood). I have driven this Car for 200,000 mile car for 2500 miles from Louisiana to California. It's true Hero and a extremely reliable. I reached safe and in one peice, the car never stopped. Today it still goes on, gives me excellent milleage for 22-25 mpg in city and atleast 29 on the highways. It's a tribute to Japanese workmanship, because this car is "Made in Japan" imported by Sea, (J Series VIN). The choice of parts and their visualization and planning way back in 1990's for this 1995 is truly amazing. All parts still work. Kudos HONDA.

VTECH Engine, Moon Roof, High Efficiency, Efficient Engine Cooling.

Brakes Squeak, Provide Rear Wipers, Improve AC. ABS is a kewl feature, but is a bit expensive. Provide Metal Timing Belts.

Best Car Ever!!
By SuzyQ

1995 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 95 got the DX to save money. I am getting ready to sell it because I want automatic with power stuff. I have 270,000 miles on it and it still runs great and gets 32mpg, and still rides like new!!! It still has the orig clutch, trans, engine, everything. We maintained it as recommended by the dealer. There was a recall about 3 or 4 years ago on some seal in the engine which caused us to need a new timing belt when they replaced the seal, but Honda paid. I wish I had bought the automatic in 95--then I would just keep it!!

reliability, comfortable ride, great gas mileage.

More cup holders, more headroom, sits too low like sports car.

I'M SOLD ON HONDA
By EZ4SHORE

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought LX w/37,000 miles in 4/2005. The prior owners were about 70 years old and traded the '95 in for a 2005. I have 97 Explorer Sport w/SOHC too. My girlfriend has a 89 Accord and it won't die. My LX has a V6... it feels like I'm sitting on a magic carpet, smooth ride, lots of power, hard to keep under 60. Expect I'll get my 1st ticket ever for speeding soon ! Only problem was with the SRS system, dealer said on the '95 the SRS system usually needs service and is short lived. It's costly, like $700, but dealer split 50/50 with me under 6 month warranty. But all in all this car is exceptionally designed, and a joy to drive...my Explorer sits alot more these days !

V6 engine is awesome, smoooth, powerful

Bigger cup holder, hey this car is so well designed it's, all I can complain about.

Too Much Mechanical and Rust Problems
By spark

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase the Accord expecting a better experience than the Civic I owned. I was so dissappointed with this car after having numerous problems under warranty period. These are some of the problems with the car: ABS fails repeatedly (ABS lights up), window rolls up and down slowly, AC is never cold and warm/hot air is always comming out of the vents when the AC is off, Automatic shift lever keeps locking up in Park position, ignition key gets stuck, odometer gets stuck, engine idles very rough like an old diesel truck (it shakes and vibrates), and repeated rusting on back fenders which honda won't cover after 5 years if the rust reoccurs (and it does). More problems but I'm out of space!

Best features of a Honda is the appearance and ergonomics - very average.

Honda should look at their competition and try to catch up on build quality, appearance, and customer service. Honda is polite on the phone but it doesn't qualify as good customer service and support. Apparently I should expect Honda's to last as long as Honda expects - 3 years / 36,000 miles.