Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Awesome Honda
By Noreen

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Honda Accords have a peculiar automatic transmission that can get be jerky until warm but like Toyota cars they are extremely reliable and last longer than we do. Mine is so fun to drive! I put Enkei racing rims and Yokohama performance wheels on it and Wow! What a sassy, good-looking classy, comfortable, well put together car. I feel very safe in it too. I can not say enough good things about it or Hondas.

Favorite Features

Quality of color, body style and upholstery, dash and console design

Suggested Improvements

Smoother tranny, no 4 cyl only 6cyl Vtec, a car this sporty deserves more guts.

Never stranded for 10 years
By Pete

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Bought as certified Honda with 35k miles. This Accord wagon has never left me stranded. It always started with the exception of one time in the driveway due to an old battery that was defective. I perform regular maintenance, 7.5k mi synthetic oil, 90k timing belts/Water pump, 30k transmission service Honda Z1 ATF, regular brake and other fluid changes. Car runs like new. In the past 3 years have replaced both CV axles (Boots cracked), exterior drive belts (were original), ABS reservoir (leaking seal) and HVAC Evaporator. Also over 10 years replaced two sets of tires and two sets of brake pads and two batteries. Have CD changer and put 4 new 4-way Pioneer TS-A1682R stereo speakers.

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy 22-25 MPG with ability to transport 5 people or many items in the back of the wagon. Stereo is excellent again with upgraded speakers and all options work after 12 years.

Suggested Improvements

Higher capacity HVAC. AC is a little weak in very hot days with full load of people although this may be due to the need for the after market window tinting needing to be redone. Better factory window tinting.

It's a GREAT Car
By Lisa

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I would have given it all 10s except for the AC. I have had trouble with mine not getting real cold. I paid about $400 once for it to be fixed, and it made no difference in the end. It works, just not well for our hot humid summers here in St. Louis. Now 12 years old, the electric window motors are wanting to quit. I won't put any money into this car and plan on driving it until it gives out. This vehicle has cost me very little to run for the past ten years. Brakes, mufflers, oil, tires, and the previously mentioned AC issue. I had to replace the clutch slave/master thingy once, and a cv boot once after a car did a hit and run on me while my vehicle was parked.

Favorite Features

This car is solid and reliable. It's also a blast to drive if you want to rev it up. I have the 5 speed stick, but drive like grandma would most of the time. Occasionally though, I'll open it up. This car has never let me down. It's been the cheapest vehicle to own for the past 10 years too.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the AC!!!

Great car
By ginny

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Very reliable. No breakdowns or problems other than regular maintenance. Would really recommend! Solid and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Great pickup and comfort - nothing to really criticize.

Suggested Improvements

There is a blind spot on passenger side between the driver window and passenger side - some close calls because of it.

Bulletproof
By Picaroon

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2001 with 90,000 miles on it. When I sold it 5.5 years later it had over 235,000. The car had already been smashed up once before I bought it, was in another small accident while in my possession, and was then stolen, beat up, abandoned and recovered. It was put through the wringer and still ran like a top when I sold it. The 2.2l averaged 29-30 mpg. The car never let me down.

Favorite Features

Rock solid reliability, good fuel economy for a mid-size. Parts are relatively inexpensive. Great resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Like all Hondas and Toyotas around here, the rear quarter panels did not fare well on our salty roads - they rusted out early. And why is there no cup holder? Why do you have to buy a V6 to get a cup holder? Strange.