Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Overpriced, but a good car.
By JohnR

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord for a while now, and while being frugal and easy (though rarely fun) to drive, these cars are most certainly overpriced for what you get. A similarly equipped Ford Taurus has a V6 engine and costs about 1/2 as much at this age. My previous car was a 1993 Taurus that was still (barely) running after a very rough 290,000 miles. I have no doubt that the Accord will make it to those miles, but repairs cost more, the car costs more, etc. The Taurus was more roomy and more comfortable, and better suited to the long-haul drives I frequently subject my cars to. However, the Accord is about 100 times better than my other car, a 1999 Saturn SL.

Handsome interior, frugal (yet weak) 4cyl engine, well-built interior (miles and miles above my '99 Saturn).

A price thats more in line with what you get: A decent 4-door plain-Jane looking mid-sizer that gets good gas mileage. Just about any other name on the hood would translates into a $1500 drop in the price. 15" alloys should be standard on the up-market LX. Even my fairly-basic Taurus GL had them.

That's Why it's a Honda
By dsw mich

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 95 accord in 2001, with about 70,000 miles on it. It is still going strong at this point '08, past 200,000 miles, allowing me to be car- payment free for several years. It's been a commuting work horse. Have there been repairs? Sure a few (including a strange gas tank crack, radiator, SRS light for no reason), but nothing outrageous and it's never left me stranded. It was the best car purchase I could've made. I briefly owned a ford contour, during which time had to replace a transmission at only 55k miles and traded it in for this great Honda! I had similar good experience with a 1991 Camry.

Uncluttered style, Reliability.

Rust proofing.

Frnt Disc Brake Rotor
By Julito Labor

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love the car but the only problems that I have now is, I have a hard time changing the front disc rotor. Gonna cost you a little more, the design are not so common like two screws hold the disc. The old disc needs to be pressed and the new one needs to be press too. If you don't have the right tools let the shop do the job. Well, the ac is gone too but overall performance I think I already got my money back. Four thumbs up, I love it, love it.

I hope Honda won't do that disc brake design anymore.

Boringly Perfect Car
By PCampos

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 13 years ago this month. It has 164,000 miles on it, and like so many other Accord owners I can say it's never had a major mechanical problem. It also gets very good gas mileage. The only real complaint I have is that it's so reliable that it makes it hard to justify getting another car! After 13 years it's acquiring a lot of cosmetic damage, but mechanically it's still seems to be in perfect shape, and since I'm only driving about 7000 miles a year right now I could probably keep it for another decade easily. It's hard to believe there could be a better car for anyone who ranks reliability and low maintenance at the top of what they're looking for in a car.

Almost every mechanical aspect of the car. Best thing about the Accord is that you never have to think about it except when it's time to change the oil and the tires.

A better sound system would have been nice (went aftermarket for that). Also the defrosting/defogging never worked very well.

Sad Day For Me!
By djohns

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '95 in 1998 with 35k miles on it. Today (2/13/08)is my final day of ownership (going to the salvage yard) 205k miles and the timing belt/water pump came apart while wife was driving full road speed, so the valves are probably bent/shot. I had replaced timing belt and pump at 160k, so they failed before their time! Car value not worth fixing the damage, plus other things were needing repair also. Loved the car!

Stereo system great! Leather great! Sunroof great! V6 great!

Like others have commented, slow window, especially driver side. Rust over the rear wheels. No overdrive gear on mine, so MPG not as good as it could have been. Retractable antenna stopped working.