1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car
By Marie on 08/13/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 10 years and had one repair ( a master cylinder ) other than routine maintenance.I have another just like it on order.

Too Much Mechanical and Rust Problems
By spark on 06/30/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase the Accord expecting a better experience than the Civic I owned. I was so dissappointed with this car after having numerous problems under warranty period. These are some of the problems with the car: ABS fails repeatedly (ABS lights up), window rolls up and down slowly, AC is never cold and warm/hot air is always comming out of the vents when the AC is off, Automatic shift lever keeps locking up in Park position, ignition key gets stuck, odometer gets stuck, engine idles very rough like an old diesel truck (it shakes and vibrates), and repeated rusting on back fenders which honda won't cover after 5 years if the rust reoccurs (and it does). More problems but I'm out of space!

Good Buy
By Accord Owner on 05/26/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I've been a satisfied owner since 2001. The car handles well and has been reliable. 130,000+ miles now. The V6 engine is not noticeably faster than the 4-cylinder, but it is noticeably quieter and smoother. I generally get ~26 mpg with about 80% highway driving. The car looks good yet, except for a little rust on the rear wheel well.

Great car
By renison on 04/16/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is my second honda. I think they are a great car with mnimal expenses as long as you see that they are regularly maintained. I have put little money beyond standard maintenance and new tires in this car and it has been a faithful auto for me. The only limit is the difficulty in conveying older people who can not enter/exit back seat easily. This is not the car for that purpose.

I'll be a repeat honda buyer for sure!
By KentuckyGuy on 04/15/05 04:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 95 EX Cpe with 20k miles in the fall of '97. Now, 8 years later, I am at 225,000 miles and am sold as a Honda fan for life. Other than brakes (warped rotors have been frequent), I have done little more than regular tune-ups, oil changes, etc. I have put this car to the test in road trips loaded with luggage/people, city/hwy/mountain driving, and have even had it in some mild off-road adventures while camping, and it has surprisingly good traction in mud/moderate snow, even in mountains (significantly better than similar cars I've driven). It has been fun to drive, and incredibly practical and reliable as well. Still is a solid car, with no rattles/significant wearout.

Why buy anything else?
By wil4713 on 01/30/05 22:25 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

After having searched for this particular model for months, I bought a 5-speed Ex with 75k miles last January. Since then, I've done routine maintenance and replaced the 10 year old exhaust system and the brake pads (this car is very easy to work on yourself) and nothing else. My car is great to drive and is better looking than the 96-97 Accords, I think. I get around 31 mpg on the highway and somewhere around 27 in the city. The leather seats still look pretty good, and everything--everything--still works, no problems whatsoever. This is the 3rd Honda in my family and I'm looking forward to 200k trouble-free miles.

Very reliable
By MQ on 01/29/05 17:49 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought with almost 158k miles on it. And after a little over a year, this car has given me no major mechanical issues. Only replaced front outer CV boots, and that was the biggest repair so far. I am confident that this car will give me at least ten more years of reliable service, long enough to get me through college and graduate school.

Love it!
By Hil357 on 11/10/04 12:45 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car from a previous owner and I have not had any problems except for one exhaust pipe that needed replacing. I also replaced the timing belt at 95,000 but that should be done anyways. I love the look and the room inside. I put in a CD player but didn't have a problem with the factory am/fm/cassette. It has great power but could be better accelerating from stop. Overall I LOVE IT!

Not Bad
By red99 on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Repairs get VERY expensive past 100K miles. SRS system has a problem with low voltage requiring reset at dealership. ABS system known to leak and VERY expensive to replace ~$2000. Replacemnt catlytic converter way overpriced $1000.

MY TOP CHOICE IS ALWAYS A HONDA
By DIZZYLUV1012 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT THIS CAR 5 YEARS AGO. IT ALREADY HAD 86,000 MILES ON IT. I HAVE DRIVEN THE CAR HARD AND HAS YET TO GIVE ME ANY PROBLEMS. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYBODY. IT IS A GREAT DAILY DRIVE AND LOVES THE HIGHWAY.