Used 1995 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

LuvMyAccord
By LuvMyAccord

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I see I have similar issues as some reviewers. ABS pump went bad around 120k. Master brake cylinder went out around 110k. Right front passenger window very slow to roll up. I'm constantly warping after-market rotors, I can't stand hub- over-rotor setup. Going to swap out to rotor-over-hub. Had issue yesterday with tach and speedo dropping to zero whilst driving on highway. Noticed ABS light flickering at about time it happened. Will have electricals checked out. Current issues: Leaking main seal O-ring leaking on distributor About to hit 180k miles, will do timing chain and water pump, likely ask for real main seal to be replaced if they'll reduce cost. Original owner!

Favorite Features

Enjoy the styling a lot. I've lowered my Accord by 1.5 inches and added 17" wheels, Koni Yellows, H&R springs, stainless steel brake lines. Getting ready to upgrade rotors to 11" and use Wagon's calipers, for the front only. Engine running like a champ!

Suggested Improvements

Better ABS pumps and master brake cylinder. Very very common problem. Same with right side window motor.

Disappointed
By Skyroamer

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car had a manufacturing defect in the transmission. After multiple loss of all transmission fluid Honda tried to blame us for the problem. The transmission failed at 50,200 on a 50,000 warranty and Honda refused to fix it. An outside shop found a machining defect from the factory in one of the case halves of the trans. replaced half at a cost of $1800 total repair and no problems in over 100G of additional mileage. Honda never answered my letter until 4 years later. Would never buy another as a result of their bad customer attitude and lack of concern/support. Have pictures and parts as proof of defect. Honda did not care at all!!!

Favorite Features

Handling, economy? But not when the transmission goes due to a mfgr defect and a mfgr who does not care! Other than that... dependable. Constant Axle/CVJ failure/noise.

Suggested Improvements

Customer care! CUSTOMER CARE! When your service and customer care stinks, you need a lot of work to get a customer back. Never a Honda again!!!

Great car!
By G.Nacin

1995 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 1995 and have been driving it ever since. Over 270,000 miles and have done only basic maintenance with the exception of the radiator being replaced two years ago. Still runs beautifully; still getting over 30 miles per gallon. Intend to keep the car many more years - haven't had a car payment since the 90s. Garage kept so exterior still looks great.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage; small enough to park in small places yet ride is very smooth. Opted for the 'no frills' model - crank windows, manual transmission, etc. and so far less could go wrong and I haven't regretted it.

Suggested Improvements

Even though it's a manual transmission, the pick up is slow - would suggest improvement there.

A little disappointed
By ;(

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this used Honda Accord, 3 years ago for my daughter. I paid $5K for it and had expected it to go for her thru college. It started out with some overheating problems and replacing the radiator. Not so bad, but 3 years later more over heating. This time the engine was bad. I decided to put a new (used) engine in her because it is a Honda. In 3 years I have pumped ~ 5K into a a 5K car. I'm not too thrilled. I've always had luck with Honda in the past, but I expected more. I thought this would just be a gas and go car for me and my daughter. In 3 years it has not worked out that way. There is always a risk buying a used car. You don't know how well the prev. owner cared for it.

Favorite Features

It's a pretty basic car. There is nothing special about this car.

Suggested Improvements

The later models have been enlarged and I think that was a good idea.

95 Honda Accord EXL
By Vadim

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2002 with 138000km (85000 miles). It is summer of 2009 and car has 370000km (230000 miles). It obviously has its problems, needs repairs. But I got my money worth... that is for sure. Overall very reliable if maintained . I had radiator break (replaced myself), regular maintenance repairs. Engine and transmission are original... would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Simple layout inside, better looks than camry or maxima (I am not even considering domestic cars). Easy access to parts and labor.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure.