Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Marie

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 10 years and had one repair ( a master cylinder ) other than routine maintenance.I have another just like it on order.

dependable,economical,fun to drive

Too Much Mechanical and Rust Problems
By spark

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase the Accord expecting a better experience than the Civic I owned. I was so dissappointed with this car after having numerous problems under warranty period. These are some of the problems with the car: ABS fails repeatedly (ABS lights up), window rolls up and down slowly, AC is never cold and warm/hot air is always comming out of the vents when the AC is off, Automatic shift lever keeps locking up in Park position, ignition key gets stuck, odometer gets stuck, engine idles very rough like an old diesel truck (it shakes and vibrates), and repeated rusting on back fenders which honda won't cover after 5 years if the rust reoccurs (and it does). More problems but I'm out of space!

Best features of a Honda is the appearance and ergonomics - very average.

Honda should look at their competition and try to catch up on build quality, appearance, and customer service. Honda is polite on the phone but it doesn't qualify as good customer service and support. Apparently I should expect Honda's to last as long as Honda expects - 3 years / 36,000 miles.

Good Buy
By Accord Owner

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I've been a satisfied owner since 2001. The car handles well and has been reliable. 130,000+ miles now. The V6 engine is not noticeably faster than the 4-cylinder, but it is noticeably quieter and smoother. I generally get ~26 mpg with about 80% highway driving. The car looks good yet, except for a little rust on the rear wheel well.

Fun to drive, looks, reliability, well designed interior, moon roof, leather seats, and ABS.

Front brake issues, air conditioning issues, and the automatic transmission takes some initial getting used to. I wish heated leather seats and keyless entry had come standard in 95'.

Great car
By renison

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is my second honda. I think they are a great car with mnimal expenses as long as you see that they are regularly maintained. I have put little money beyond standard maintenance and new tires in this car and it has been a faithful auto for me. The only limit is the difficulty in conveying older people who can not enter/exit back seat easily. This is not the car for that purpose.

Sporty look. Great reliability.

I'll be a repeat honda buyer for sure!
By KentuckyGuy

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 95 EX Cpe with 20k miles in the fall of '97. Now, 8 years later, I am at 225,000 miles and am sold as a Honda fan for life. Other than brakes (warped rotors have been frequent), I have done little more than regular tune-ups, oil changes, etc. I have put this car to the test in road trips loaded with luggage/people, city/hwy/mountain driving, and have even had it in some mild off-road adventures while camping, and it has surprisingly good traction in mud/moderate snow, even in mountains (significantly better than similar cars I've driven). It has been fun to drive, and incredibly practical and reliable as well. Still is a solid car, with no rattles/significant wearout.

VTEC engine, great suspension and sound system, easy to use and well- placed controls

Actual gas mileage has been respectable, but could be better; a 5 speed automatic transmission would have been great! (like on the new models)