Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best Car Ever!!
By SuzyQ

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 95 got the DX to save money. I am getting ready to sell it because I want automatic with power stuff. I have 270,000 miles on it and it still runs great and gets 32mpg, and still rides like new!!! It still has the orig clutch, trans, engine, everything. We maintained it as recommended by the dealer. There was a recall about 3 or 4 years ago on some seal in the engine which caused us to need a new timing belt when they replaced the seal, but Honda paid. I wish I had bought the automatic in 95--then I would just keep it!!

reliability, comfortable ride, great gas mileage.

More cup holders, more headroom, sits too low like sports car.

I'M SOLD ON HONDA
By EZ4SHORE

1995 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought LX w/37,000 miles in 4/2005. The prior owners were about 70 years old and traded the '95 in for a 2005. I have 97 Explorer Sport w/SOHC too. My girlfriend has a 89 Accord and it won't die. My LX has a V6... it feels like I'm sitting on a magic carpet, smooth ride, lots of power, hard to keep under 60. Expect I'll get my 1st ticket ever for speeding soon ! Only problem was with the SRS system, dealer said on the '95 the SRS system usually needs service and is short lived. It's costly, like $700, but dealer split 50/50 with me under 6 month warranty. But all in all this car is exceptionally designed, and a joy to drive...my Explorer sits alot more these days !

V6 engine is awesome, smoooth, powerful

Bigger cup holder, hey this car is so well designed it's, all I can complain about.

Great Car
By Marie

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 10 years and had one repair ( a master cylinder ) other than routine maintenance.I have another just like it on order.

dependable,economical,fun to drive

Too Much Mechanical and Rust Problems
By spark

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase the Accord expecting a better experience than the Civic I owned. I was so dissappointed with this car after having numerous problems under warranty period. These are some of the problems with the car: ABS fails repeatedly (ABS lights up), window rolls up and down slowly, AC is never cold and warm/hot air is always comming out of the vents when the AC is off, Automatic shift lever keeps locking up in Park position, ignition key gets stuck, odometer gets stuck, engine idles very rough like an old diesel truck (it shakes and vibrates), and repeated rusting on back fenders which honda won't cover after 5 years if the rust reoccurs (and it does). More problems but I'm out of space!

Best features of a Honda is the appearance and ergonomics - very average.

Honda should look at their competition and try to catch up on build quality, appearance, and customer service. Honda is polite on the phone but it doesn't qualify as good customer service and support. Apparently I should expect Honda's to last as long as Honda expects - 3 years / 36,000 miles.

Good Buy
By Accord Owner

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I've been a satisfied owner since 2001. The car handles well and has been reliable. 130,000+ miles now. The V6 engine is not noticeably faster than the 4-cylinder, but it is noticeably quieter and smoother. I generally get ~26 mpg with about 80% highway driving. The car looks good yet, except for a little rust on the rear wheel well.

Fun to drive, looks, reliability, well designed interior, moon roof, leather seats, and ABS.

Front brake issues, air conditioning issues, and the automatic transmission takes some initial getting used to. I wish heated leather seats and keyless entry had come standard in 95'.